Bits: About last night ….., 2.4 extra Avios per £4 at Tesco, Heathrow’s ‘food Instagram ambassadors’

News in brief:

About last night ….

More on this tomorrow:

1 extra Clubcard point (2.4 Avios, 2.5 Virgin miles) per £4 with Pay+ at Tesco

Tesco is running a good promotion with Pay+ (formerly PayQwiq) which will earn you extra miles over the next three months.

Everytime you pay using the Tesco payment app Pay+, downloadable from an app store near you, you will get 1 extra Clubcard point for every £4 spent.  That is worth an extra 2.4 Avios or 2.5 Virgin Flying Club miles.

This offer runs until 28th February 2018.  Full details can be found on the Tesco website here.

Heathrow food instagram

Heathrow food Instagram ambassadors appointed

If you’ve ever wondered how to get that perfect food picture for Instagram, and how to make bacon look as good as it tastes, help is at hand.  Heathrow Airport, clearly with too much time on its hands as the third runway approval drags on, has appointed Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley (known as Hemsley + Hemsley, English food writers, clean eating and all that stuff) as Heathrow’s Food Instagram Ambassadors.

Taste The World, a one month long campaign which can be found here, includes tips and tricks for that perfect food Instagram picture as well as a list of trend foods and a competition.

I still don’t know how to take that perfect bacon picture though ……

Review of the Aspire Lounge at Zurich Airport (E gates)
250 - 500 FREE Avios or €10 of Accor points for joining Accor's new ClubOpinions

Comments

1. Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work!

2. Charlie T. says:

Richly deserved both – congratulations!

3. OT – I’ve triggered the companion voucher on the BAPP and now taken the Gold Amex to get the 20k MR points for £2k spending in the first three months. I’d been waiting to get the Gold card as I had a £1k holiday bill to pay, which I have done now, so in theory I could hit the spend requirement within 4 weeks.

My plan is to refer my other half for the GC and then cancel the card. Or, would I be better canceling the BAPP card? Either way I plan to churn one of the cards. My other half has the free BA Amex so I’d like her to upgrade her card to the BAPP so that she can then potentially refer me in 6 months.

Are there any other cards that I should then think about getting to continue getting sign up bonuses?

• I would recommend the SPG card which gives 11,000 points (after £1,000 spend) when referred by Rob.
      This converts to 36,000 Marriott points which is a night in a category 7 hotel.
      You can also convert to Avios if you wish; that seems a poor alternative to me but if you are just starting the hobby you need to avoid having small amounts in several schemes.

• Thanks Mark – started this as a hobby earlier this year (I’d been a member of the BAEC for a couple of years picking up small amounts of points).

We’ve now got 140k avios points in our HH account thanks to Rob, Anika and the community.

• You don’t need to upgrade your OH’s BA card for that reason alone: she can refer you for a BAPP from a BAfree with the same bonuses.

• Phill Ramsay says:

how about upgrading to platinum for the bonus, think its about 20k miles, hit your target, get your status and cancel for pro rata refund.

• I did wonder about that, but the £450 fee does put me off a bit so it depends o quickly I could hit that bonus I suppose…

4. OT as bits: Is there any way of searching comments apart from using CTL+F on each individual page? Have been trying to find the discussion on using the Superdrug offer to buy gift cards and whether that still triggered the offer.

• They have in previous years.
      I have used many of these offers to buy gift cards at different stores although the T&C say no. A branch normally only has one merchant code.

• Speaking of Superdrug – others mentioned that they sell Amazon GF, but my local fairly large store sell only own branded GF – is it normal?

• And, of course, congrats to Anika and Rob!

• It does vary; our small local branch has stopped selling gift cards at all.

• No sign of GC in my local store, but they had a stash of £25 cards under the till (!)

Just ask, and I imagine they’ll materialise.

• Superdrug Camberley today had Amazon, Next, Topshop, Nando’s, The restaurant choice and Pizza express.

• Genghis says:

Superdrug on Old Broad Street in the City has a reasonable selection

• No, sorry

• Thanks for clarifying. Would be a useful function to have as and when you upgrade the site. Always wondered how Genghis was able to find old comments so well. Must be having a v good memory!

Thanks @Mark2, am heading to Superdrug now so will report back on whether it works or not for this offer.

• You can presumably do it via Google using something like “site:headforpoints.com superdrug” albeit I don’t know how quickly Google searches and files the comments. The articles are generally showing within a couple of hours.

• Will try that google search Rob and report back. I can confirm that gift cards trigger the offer: bought two £10 Next cards and have already received the confirmation email.

• Genghis says:

Lol. I just remember stuff.

• I would find this feature very useful too.

• I used the superdrug offer yesterday to buy £25 amazon card, confirmation email before I left the shop.
      Also used the topshop £10 off £40 spend to buy a giftcard, again email before I left the shop.

5. OT – Rolling Luggage. Only 75 avios appeared in my account, even though I placed my order with them on the first day they were featured on HFP. I emailed RL to query this and they have said they will chase up avios about it, so it looks like it may be a genuine error but you may have to do some legwork to get the full 1000 avios!

• Firstly congrats (I’m comparatively new to this, but HFP is a great resource and some of the first emails I read each morning)

Anna – same with me, I had a similar generic email about chasing avios etc etc…

• Similar. I’ve only had 55 points post to my BAEC. Nees to chase that up. Did you just email customer service?

• I’ve emailed their customer care team now. Let’s see what they say.

• the real harry1 says:

@ Anna – looks deliberate to me, they obviously lost money on the luggage label + postage + Avios so are ‘forgetting’ the extra 1000 Avios – I’ll be chasing it up as well

disreputable company, it would seem – not honouring rewards promised

I guess they have a couple of days left

• the real harry1 says:

who else ordered the luggage label?

• I bought a luggage lock as wanted a new one anyway. Still no response from RL to my email asking where my 1000 points are.

6. Congrats Rob and Anika! Well deserved!

7. Congratulations and thanks for all of the great work you do.

8. OT: Anybody else having problems signing into avios.com? Regardless of device, browser or view used, when I click on the username field the device keyboard disappears so I cannot type anything.

• Roberto says:

and my “combine my avios” fell over today mid transaction. They left BA but never arrived at avios. I chatted to avios and they were not aware of the issue or the transaction. Asked me to wait 24 hours and check back.

• Thanks Roberto, how did you manage to log in? Did you log in on a mobile device or laptop or desktop? I’ve only access to mobile devices today.

9. Congratulations Rob and Anika!

10. GraemeA says:

Well done Anika & Rob!

11. O/T: Please could someone post the link for upgrading to platinum from PRG Amex?

12. Has anyone else received their AerClub joining bonus today! We got ours back on April after several calls and messages but lo and behold they arrived again in our 3 accounts again today! Thanks AerClub!

13. Congratulations both!

14. Yes, well done on the gongs received.

Far better than some investment banking piece of plastic they doled out to keep us all (semi) pacified eh Rob ?

15. Well done and congratulations! What a fabulous team!

• Nicola Walton says:

We received a text yesterday from BA saying our flights to Kos for next September had been cancelled. We had booked using BA points.
      Also congratulations for last nights wins.

16. Peter cobb says:

Congratulations on your awards. All your hard work has enlightened and facilitated good, economical and rewarding travel.
    Many thanks thanks

17. Lady London says:

Well done to both especially Anika.