News in brief:
240 Avios with six bottles of rioja
Far fewer people know that Iberia has its own UK-delivery wine deal with vinoseleccion.
Here is their latest offer. You receive a half-price case of six bottles of rioja for just £24 including free UK delivery. You will also receive 240 Avios in Iberia Plus – which is a good way of ‘activating’ a new Iberia Plus account to allow transfers in and out via ‘Combine My Avios’.
In the Terminal 5 Concorde Room
The Concorde Room at London Heathrow Terminal 5 is the dedicated lounge for ticketed First Class passengers and British Airways Executive Club Gold Guest List members.
I am not a big fan of it, as I wrote when I last reviewed it three years ago. The atmosphere doesn’t work for me, neither does the lack of self-serve food options.
If you are wondering what joys you are missing out on, if you have never made it past the hallowed door, take a look at the new furniture that has just been installed. It appears that a local Wetherspoons or retirement home closed down and BA couldn’t resist a bargain. Click to enlarge:
Up to 4,000 Flying Blue miles with Europcar
For bookings before 8th December, for rentals completed by 15th December, you will receive:
- 800 miles for a one-day rental
- 1,200 miles for a two-day rental
- 1,600 miles for a three-day rental
- 2,000 miles for a four-day rental
- 3,200 miles for a 5-7 day rental
- 4,000 miles for a 8+ day rental
4,000 Flying Blue miles could amount to a generous rebate on your rental cost.
Full details are on the Europcar website here. Note that the offer is not valid for rentals in the US or Canada.
How to earn Flying Blue miles from UK credit cards (June 2021)
Air France and KLM do not have a UK Flying Blue credit card. However, you can earn Flying Blue miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Flying Blue miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Flying Blue miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 5,000 Flying Blue miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Flying Blue miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Flying Blue mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.