Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Your American Express Platinum and Boingo free wi-fi offer is extended

One of the least discussed benefits of the American Express Platinum card is Boingo wi-fi.  It gives you access to 1 million wi-fi hot spots globally.

My original article on Boingo from 2014 is here.

The problem with this benefit is that Amex continually publishes termination dates for the deal, but it keeps getting extended.

I actually thought it was finally dead until I saw it promoted again on the Platinum website last week.

It currently shows as ending on 31st August 2018.  I would take this with a pinch of salt, but at the very worst Amex Platinum cardholders can get themselves another seven months of worldwide roaming wi-fi.

You can register your Platinum card with Boingo at this website.

Comments (84)

• AA says:

It’s a shame there isn’t any back to back chances from MAN with the code! Would be a decent day out otherwise.

• Clive says:

Been out of touch during the week but are we still expecting some news from Amex?

• Louise says:

OT, how long has the £200 amex travel credit been taking to post to account? Its been 7 days here and no credit as yet, need to cancel my platinum before Tues!

• Susan says:

Sorry this has probably been covered before but can you tell me if Platinum amex holders can refer themselves for BAPP card and pocket 18k membership reward referral bonus? I know it says ‘ refer friends and family’. Thanks!

• Andrew M says:

Put it this way. It doesn’t hurt to try – I have given it a go, and I have no regrets over the outcome!

• Bryan says:

I think there is enough to fill an article here.

Everything has changed so much, I have no idea which card I should use to refer to which card. For example it sounds like if you have a free blue BA card and a platinum charge card and you are referring someone for the BAPP card, you should use the platinum charge card. I bet many people would use the BA card instead.

Anyway – just an idea.