British and Monaco Grand Prix tickets available NOW via Marriott Moments (direct redemption, no auction)

If you are sitting on some Marriott Rewards or Starwood Preferred Guest points, this is a unique chance to see the British or Monaco Grand Prix for a very affordable (points) price.

These packages appeared on Marriott Moments on Monday.  They will NOT last long now that I have posted this – I am talking hours rather than days.

You can choose from:

Monaco:

2 Grandstand tickets, with lunch, for qualifying day on Saturday 26th May @ 30,000 Marriott points (10,000 SPG points)

or

2 Grandstand tickets, with lunch, for race day on Sunday 27th May @ 60,000 Marriott points (20,000 SPG points)

Silverstone:

2 Grandstand tickets, with lunch and transportation, for qualifying day on Saturday 7th July @ 30,000 Marriott points (10,000 SPG points)

or

2 Grandstand tickets, with lunch and transportation, for race day on Sunday 8th July @ 60,000 Marriott points (20,000 SPG points)

For Monaco, if you are British Airways Gold, remember that – as it is more than 30 days away – you can ring up BA and force them to open up Avios seats to Nice for you (at double price) under the Gold Priority Reward scheme.  That won’t help you find a cheap hotel room of course …..!

There are also auction packages with VIP hospitality for both races.  For Monaco, the auctions don’t close until 30th April, however, which means you couldn’t use a Gold Priority Reward and would be stung for flight and hotel costs.  I would also expect these packages to go for disproportionately high sums.

For Monaco, you can redeem the practice day tickets here and the race day tickets here.

For Silverstone, you can redeem the practice day tickets here and the race day tickets here.

Bits: win 1 million IHG points!, update on the new Leeds Bradford lounges
Bits: the future of Marriott Rewards and SPG revealed tonight, €11 BA fares, 787 engine issues get worse

Comments

1. AndyGWP says:

Cheers Rob – I’d love to do Monaco race day just for the experience (… and the sunshine, and it’s a bank holiday weekend!), but alas I am short of the points! (and I’ve soft-landed to BA Silver anyways now 🙁 )

2. Chris A says:

Thanks for this Rob. Managed to get Silverstone race day package!

3. Cate ⛱️ says:

Oohh NICE ONE!!

Yes accommodation is probably going to cost but great bragging rights for sitting in the good seats of the Mercedes AMG-Petronas yacht. Thanks Rob!

• Yacht?
      It says it includes some grandstand tickets… no mention of a yacht 🙂

• Cate ⛱️ says:

Clive I’m surprised you of all people would miss it – there’s loads of alt offers for Monte on the website.

“You and your guest will experience all the excitement on the track with access to VIP hospitality, gourmet food, drinks and prime seating on the Mercedes AMG-Petronas Motorsport yacht.’

4. Colin MacKinnon says:

You could take the sleeper train from Moscow to Monaco, after a 1st Class BA RFS from LHR!

5. Silverstone booked! Habitual checking of HfP at random points during the day pays off sometimes!

6. Neil Donoghue says:

Likewise, I’ve just snapped up race day tickets for Monaco! Cheers Rob

7. I bought my club corner Silverstone tickets straight after the 2017 race day. Every year I get the following year tickets as soon as they’re on sale.

Sounds like a really good deal though.

8. robstaaaar says:

F1 has never been the same since the death of the V8 and 10’s 🙁

9. Rockstar says:

I’ve just snapped up two tickets for the Race Day at Silverstone! Does anyone know what to expect on the day? Apparently transport is provided . . . . from where? . . . I was planning to drive there (unless they’re going to pick me up from London :P)

• If you drive you need car park passes which we purchase when we order our tickets. Alternatively there’s park and ride but that too has to be booked in advance i think. I gueas there will be various pick up points in major towns/cities if transport is included in the package. Quite envious as I find the drive there and back knackering every year I do it.

10. Andrew says:

I did the Monaco grand prix a few years ago. If you’re after more reasonable accommodation and no crowds consider staying just over the Italian border. We flew to Genoa (actually paid cash because the prices were so cheap), had a few nights there and then got the train to Sanremo. From there you wouldn’t know there was a grand prix nearby at all despite being within an hour of Monaco by train. Another benefit was that trains west towards Nice were absolutely packed afterwards while the eastbound trains were mostly empty.

11. Would love to book Monaco. Is there any way to book without points and add the points at a later stage once I have them?

12. What value roughly would the Qualifying day at Silverstone have? Seems like a pretty good package but I don’t have a huge amount of Marriott points and want to make sure I get the best value for them?

13. I would love to have gone for Monaco but I’m already booked to go away. Oh well, maybe next year.

Just out of interest, which grandstands are the Silverstone seats in?

14. I’m not too sure what you would value these points at, but as a guide last year at Silverstone I had weekend grandstand tickets, weekend camping tickets with electric hookup, the all incluse VIP Drivers lounge on practice day and weekend parking tickets all for around £500

15. Dannyrado says:

Do they release these for most races then? I’m fully booked for the summer, so I can’t go, and sadly non of my friends have the same interest in F1 that I do…

16. SSinSF says:

Thanks for the heads up Rob – off to race day and qualifying day in Monaco for the cost a one hotel night #BestDealEver

17. Michael says:

Does anyone know if I can bid e.g. for tickets for a football game and give them to a friend or if they are name bound with the Marriott Auctions?

18. Just picked up the Silverstone tickets from Marriott, also managed to visit McLaren with my son last November with Hilton, and just returned from Sydney in business class on a 2-4-1 BA flight.
    Rob: many thanks for the heads up on this and all the advice over last few years. Couldn’t pick up all all these things without your advice and early alerts.

19. I did snap the Monaco Grand Prix tickets and used the BA Gold Priority reward to release 2 seats for 36k Avios + 70GBP instead of 2,6k return in Economy! Very happy with this 🙂