Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Qatar Airways launches Gatwick flights alongside a week long ‘book early’ sale

Qatar Airways has landed in Gatwick. On Tuesday the inaugural flight from Doha to London Gatwick was welcomed with a celebratory water arch. The new twice daily service will be operated by a Boeing 787 and increases to 16 flights per week service over the Summer season.

Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said about the new route:

“Qatar Airways is delighted to be expanding its reach in both London and throughout the U.K. Earlier this month, we launched direct flights to Cardiff, the capital of Wales, clearly demonstrating our continued commitment to this market. We are very proud of our strong and extensive trade ties with the U.K. and look forward to offering our loyal passengers the chance to explore the newest and most exciting destinations within our global network.”

Qatar gatwick water arch

Early Bird promotion

Qatar Airways has also launched an Early Bird promotion for travel later this year.

Book by 29th May for travel between 15th August 2018 and 31st March 2019 to get fares from £391 (Delhi) in Economy.

The travel period for flights departing London is slightly more restricted, running from 1st September 2018 until 31st March 2019.

There’s a blackout period between 13th December 2018 and 13st January 2019 inclusive.

The booking page and T&Cs are here.

Your best option to maximise your miles when paying is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold.  This offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you when you book flight tickets directly with an airline.  Our review of Amex Gold is here.

Comments (113)

• N says:

OT – Just got a refreshed HSBC Prem Credit card (the free one) and it has a LoungeKey logo on the back. Seems to mean I can use it at LoungeKey lounges for £15 a pop.

Are there lounges that don’t accept PP but accept LoungeKey?

• Jill says:

Last year did a BA flight around 13.15 Dubai to LHR. Looking to book again for 9/10 or 11 May 2019. Can’t find any flight after 9.20am. Does anyone know if this flight went with the recent changes?
    Thanks

• Nick says:

One of the three daily flights is seasonal so doesn’t run all year.

• Alex says:

If I book a room on Hilton website for my parents (ie I will not be one of the guests), will they receive my Gold benefits and I receive the points? Thanks.

• Alex W says:

Slightly risky. Make sure one of their names is down as “additional guest” otherwise they might not be able to check in. You could ring ahead, say you’re running late and your additional guest will arrive first. I suggest only one of them presents at check-in, in case they think 3 people are trying to use a 2 person room.

• Peter K says:

It depends on the hotel. I’ve rung a couple of them in advance and they’ve said yes it’s fine. There’s no harm in ringing anonymously to ask the front desk.

• ChrisC says:

O/T but is anyone else having issue with BA and booking rewards?

I select route / date cabin etc. Then say NO stopovers

The website then goes very slow and then throws an error saying I haven’t chosen any stop overs!

So I try a different tack and chose a route with stop overs and guess what – it says I haven’t selected any!

Been like this for over 24 hours and probably longer given a couple of posts on flyer talk.

Yes I guess I could phone but I want to check out multiple dates which a phone agent probably won’t like.

BA website is an embarrassment and not fit for purpose.