Virgin Money

Hilton has launched its Summer Sale for weekend stays

Hilton has launched its Summer Sale with decent weekend deals across Europe, Africa and Middle East.

The sale offers up to 25% off the standard Best Available Rate if you are a Hilton Honors member.

That said ….. basing the ‘25% saving’ on the Best Available Bed & Breakfast rate is not exactly fair.  Sale rates are non refundable so it is cheeky to compare them to a refundable rate but these deals do usually offer a saving on the usual ‘advanced purchase’ price.  Full pre-payment needs to be made at time of booking.

This rate is only available for weekend stays between 8th June and 7th October 2018 and must be booked by 3rd September 2018.

Included is, for example, the gorgeous Hilton Paris, which I reviewed here, for £269 per night instead of £359 on 15th June 2018.  As I said above, £359 is actually the ‘refundable’ price so it is not a true comparison, but the difference between the refundable and non-refundable price is usually only 10% or so.  During sale periods it is, in theory, larger.

The 25% savings are for Hilton Honors members only. The normal sale discount rate is 15%.  If you aren’t a Hilton Honors member – very unlikely I admit if you are a regular HFP reader! – you can sign up when booking your stay.   You receive a smaller discount at Hampton by Hilton properties (10% for non members with 5% extra for members).

Sale offers will work alongside the current Hilton Honors bonus points promotion.  You earn double base points on all stays up to 31st August.  You can find out more in this HFP article and you can register here.

Hilton Tallinn

Don’t forget Hilton’s generous status match offer

If you have top or mid-tier status with another hotel loyalty scheme, Hilton will match it for 90 days and give you an opportunity to keep it for longer.

Details of how you can claim your status match are in this article.  You will keep your Diamond or Gold status until March 2020 if you successfully complete the challenge.

Top-tier Diamond status comes with guaranteed Executive Lounge access and 4pm check-out at most brands.  If you have status elsewhere that you can match, and can pick up a sale deal at a property with a decent lounge, you should get a good deal.

Full sale details and the booking site are here.

Bits: last day to buy Hilton points with a bonus, 1p Avios Groupon deal update, Curve / Tesco credit card problem
Bits: BA drops Calgary for the Winter, ebookers discount code, new Charles Tyrwhitt / Avios offer

Comments

1. Gavin says:

I booked two nights at the Doubletree Chester last week on an advance rate to take advantage of the Amex £50 off £250 last week (which went through fine). Turns out I could have saved a further £50 on top by just waiting for the sale! Cheapest rate seems to be at about 35% discount compared to last week.

• Quite like the Chester DT, nice pool)spa and friendly staff + good breakfast

• Genghis says:

I’ve kind of given up on Hilton sales as last few times the sale price has been more expensive than booking the week before.

• Hilton “sales” are a sham. I made a reservation 2 days before the end of their big January sale, only for the regular Advance Purchase rate to be lower two days later (same non-refundable terms). I tried making a claim under the (worthless) Best Rate Guarantee only for it to be rejected on the technicality that the T&C’s state the comparison needed to be vs. a rate through a 3rd party and not their own (?!). So next stop was a complaint accompanied by a bunch of screenshots to the Advertising Standards Authority who upheld my complaint and determined there were two violations for misleading advertising. Hilton’s official response claimed it was the result of a “one-off error”. Since the offending “sale” had ended and Hilton provided the ASA with assurances this would not happen again in future, the issue was considered resolved without the need for further action.

Anyone conned by this new sale should also let the ASA know about it.

2. James says:

Shame they don’t offer a 25% off points redemption at the same time.

3. I signed up for the status match again this year and never got a reply, I then emailed them 10 days later and still have not had a reply.

Really annoying as I have since done 4 stays.

• Craig says:

That doesn’t sound right, mine only took 2 days. Probably worth a call.

• Paul, keep sending you request. It took me three attempts I think. When u got it the email stayed out would only be until March 2019but completed my 8th stay at the Doubletree Krakow (ten minutes out from the Old Town but exceptional hotel and cheap taxis. Great lounge and spa) last week and got the small a couple of days later confirming ends of Match 2020.

4. John Pagani says:

Hi Rob, you mention Diamon status receives 4pm check out at most brands. I’ve been Diamond for 6 years and I’ve never received this benefit. Can you clarify this for me, It would make a huge difference when booking single overnight stays for me. Thanks, JP

• Oh Matron! says:

Never, ever received this benefit. Most places will give you 1/2pm and a look of disdain when you ask

• Lady London says:

Accor is good at 2pm (normal checkout 1200). I’m getting this routinely now in multiple countries. I get the impression hotels are told to do it for a Gold unless they have a very good reason. I think for Plats it’s 4pm.

• As mentioned earlier, I was at the Doubletree Krakow last week, and got 4pm checkout for the first time in a Hilton brand hotel. Normally it is 1pm.

• Andrew M says:

I received an 8pm check out at The Conrad, Bora Bora last month. They basicly said stay as long as you want.

5. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Have you asked? I don’t think I’ve ever been refused over perhaps a dozen requests whilst Gold and Diamond (although maybe not to 4pm if the hotel has been close to a capacity). I’ve also had some ludicrously early check-ins as Diamond (I think 8am was my record at Conrad Dubai; was even invited to breakfast that morning!).

• Oh Matron! says:

Had a similar check in at that time at both Hilton Sydney and Dubai Creek, also catching breakfast at Dubai Creek 🙂

6. For quite often cheap rates its worth checking out http://www.hiltonpublicsector.co.uk/ for UK stays if you have someone staying who works in the public sector, its very rarely told to public sector workers (teachers etc)

7. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Only slightly OT: Conrad Maldives has popped up on Secret Escapes. The
    headline discount is a nonsense, but seems like a pretty decent package (half board, plus drinks) for the price, especially if you don’t have status. https://www.secretescapes.com/conrad-maldives-rangali-island-south-ari-atoll-maldives/sale

• As mentioned earlier, I was at the Doubletree Krakow last week, and got 4pm checkout for the first time in a Hilton brand hotel. Normally it is 1pm occasionally 2pm.

• I’ve booked a stay for family at islington sunday to wednesday in august and the “stay for longer” rate was cheaper than the current sale” as diamond member lastest check out was 1pm

8. The Original Nick says:

In my experience I’ve never had a problem getting a late check out. I was given a 6pm check out at the Conrad The Algarve.

• sunguy says:

The absolute majority of the time I dont get any later than 1 or 2pm as a late checkout (as a gold).

Was in Malta the other week – the Hilton there is spectacular for the brand (more akin to a WA in amenities).

However, even though I had been told by a manager 3pm was possible, when I checked with same manager on the checkout day, he origially told me that it was impossible, bargained after lots of faffing for 2pm (flight was at 10pm). I was told that it was because the hotel constantly runs at +95% capacity).

9. LADY lONDON says:

I have found the best time to ask for a late checkout (although this is with Accor) tends to be just after 2pm on the previous day. Then they know who’s just left and unless they have a local event on and really full the odds are very high you will get a late checkout they’d hesitate over earlier. I wait for the magic words “and I’ve noted that on the computer” or similar.

Defo don’t ask on checkout day.

10. Boobaholic says:

Totally off topic.
    I was on the hilton site yesterday looking at Hilton Sharm Dreams and it was there. Now today it is completely missing ! I don’t mean availability – I mean totally missing.

Anyone else see this and have any idea why ????