Radisson Rewards, the loyalty scheme for Radisson, Park Plaza and Park Inn, is offering a bonus of up to 50% when you buy points.
The link is here. It runs until 18th July 2018. The bonus works like this:
- 10% bonus on purchases of 3,000 to 10,000 points
- 25% bonus on purchases of 11,000 to 30,000 points
- 50% bonus on purchases of 31,000 to 40,000 points
I am not hugely keen on this deal, given that we saw a bonus of 75% earlier this year.
Remember that you can also transfer American Express Membership Rewards points at the 1:3 rate if you need a few extra points for a planned redemption. To be honest, if you have the Amex points I would use those rather than buy points even with a 50% bonus.
Under the 50% deal you are buying points for no less than 0.46c, which means 1 Amex point gets you (3 x 0.46c) 1.38 cents of value. This means you are getting a decent 1p per Membership Rewards point compared to buying the points directly.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (January 2023)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Premium status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)