Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The 90,000 Iberia Avios start to drop into accounts!

We interrupt the England v Colombia game with this important announcement 🙂

Avios from the Iberia ‘9,000 Avios for booking any flight (up to 90,000 Avios)’ promotion last weekend have started to drop in.

Here is a screenshot courtesy of Flyertalk:

Now we need to see how convertible etc they are  …..

If you missed the deal, you can read the details in this HFP article.

Comments (126)

• Mr Philip Evans says:

Just seen the 90000 AVIOS in Iberia account. Went to combine with BA and this came up:
    Combine my Avios was unsuccessful
    Combine My Avios is currently unavailable
    I have broken down my family account in BA as instructed and I’ve had an Iberia account for ages. I’ve combined AVIOS before without issue.
    The phone number given for Iberia does not work
    Can anyone assist in pointing me in the right way to combine the points?

• matt says:

ditto here. seems like we won’t be able to do it:( If I had known this I would never have done it.

• KevMc says:

What exactly are you wanting to redeem them for with BA that you can’t do with Iberia?

• the real harry1 says:

see today’s IB thread

• matt says:

@therealharry1 thanks. yes I was. And I know there is reverse way to pull this in small segments. But the fact it, they clearly don’t want you to do this and so it will be clawed back ultimately. Otherwise why block it in the first place which was different to the advice given.

• the real harry1 says:

They’ve just said you will get a negative IB balance, no more. You can then close the IB a/c – so there’s nothing left to amalgamate with BAEC when the Avios platforms all join up.

• David says:

A huge thank you Rob and to the rest of you for your comments and practical explanations. I’m now sitting on 180000 Avios between me and my girlfriend which I’ll use for once in a lifetime business class flights to Lima (£360 total plus the £400 invested originally), and my kids have a further 150000 which they’ll use for a gap year next year. I do have to provide passport copies for those new accounts but that’s only fair. My only disappointment is I didn’t get more family members to enroll!
    An unbelievable promotion which I wouldn’t have taken advantage of without your rational analysis 🙂

• Nobil says:

Still can’t sign into my account shows error with membership number or pin which our both correct checked multiple times new sign up to Iberia for this promo before purchasing my flights all 10 of them ? Any advice I have dropped them a email yesterday with my details and flight numbers ???

• the real harry1 says:

yep it’s ‘an’ email

we make it ‘an’ before words beginning with a vowel

• David says:

Hi Nobil. It seems like many (all?) accounts opened during the promotion are being requested to supply a copy of the relevant passport/identity document. If you try to reset your pin you’ll probably get the message that the account is locked and it will redirect you to download a form with further details which needs to be submitted to Customer Service.

I don’t think it’s anything to worry about but best get this done soon as I’m sure many more people will be needing this service (including me!)