BA

Earn up to 20,000 bonus Avios with new Kaligo.com hotel promotion!

Hotel booking site Kaligo.com has launched a fantastic new promotion which can earn you up to 20,000 bonus Avios for hotel bookings made before 31st August.

You must be a British Airways American Express cardholder to participate.

There are two good things about the way this offer is structured:

The bonus you receive is based on CUMULATIVE spending up to 31st August.  You don’t have to hit the target in one booking.

ANYONE take part, even if they are already registered with Kaligo.com and even if they earned a bonus from a previous promotion.  The only condition is that you are a British Airways American Express cardholder.

You have until 28th February 2019 to complete your stays

If you are NOT already a British Airways American Express cardholder, you have plenty of time to apply, receive your card and book before the 31st August deadline.  My review of the free BA Amex card is here (comes with 5,000 free Avios) and the £195 card here (comes with 25,000 Avios).

Details of the offer are here.

Kaligo 350 2

The bonuses you can earn are:

5,000 Avios if you spend £300

10,000 Avios if you spend £500

20,000 Avios if you spend £1,000

This is on top of the usual 5-20 Avios points you earn with your booking.  You only receive one of the three bonuses, based on your cumulative spending up to 31st August.  (Your stays can be at any point up to 28th February 2019 – you only need to book before 31st August – although you only receive the bonus after all of the stays are complete.)

As usual with Kaligo.com, PointsHound and Rocketmiles, you should check competing sites before you book.  They will not always be the cheapest every time, but if you factor in the value of the Avios points then they should be very competitive.  You will NOT earn hotel loyalty points when you book via Kaligo.com and you won’t receive any status benefits you are due, unless you book at a Marriott hotel where status benefits are honoured.

You must register for this promotion in order to receive the bonus Avios.  The link to register is here.

Remember that you MUST book with a British Airways American Express card.

(SOLD OUT) TODAY ONLY: LEVEL flights from Gatwick to Vienna at 2p return
How to spend your 90,000 Iberia Plus Avios - as you can't move them to BA (Part 1)

IHG
BA

Comments

1. Despite the February 2019 closing date, the bonus avios offer is showing for May 2019 in NYC, will this be a separate promotion? Just wondering if it’s safe to book, though I suppose if it’s being offered they would have to honour it. Obviously I would take a screen shot before booking.

2. So will this work if:
    I register and then make the bookng in my name with Mrs B’s BA Credit card?

3. Mr L Watson says:

Is this just the basic ba amex or will the premium one work?

4. Roger says:

OT-
    Does passport application online accept payment by Amex?

5. This is going to be fun. My renewal/churn date for me BAPP Card is 18th Aug …I’ll have 13 days to apply for, recurve and then book my hotels!!!!

Always fun!

• I’m assuming this is only valid if you have the offer on your card, it’s not clear from the article?

• I think your assumption is wrong.

Answer to my above Q from Kaligo

“The miles for the booking will be credited to the membership number that you indicate at the check-out page. It could be another person’s membership account and that is ok even if the guest staying at the hotel is different from the person earning the miles.”

You just need to register with Kaligo and book using a BA Ccard and anyones BA membership number.

6. Marriott3rdparty says:

Do you know if Marriott will honour this post August and if so will this extend to What are currently SPG hotels?

Thanks!

• No, we won’t know until we see the rules of the new scheme. I would be surprised if they did.

• Marriott3rdparty says:

Thanks! I hadn’t realised they did this currently. Usually book directly but going to the US in October so might use this for some extra avios!

7. OT – no bits today – I have one tix to the HFP Summer Party available as a friend can no longer make it. Going for the huge markup price of £10 :). Any takers?

8. OT – MR to Avios transfer

As there’s no ‘Bits’ today, posting this here – excuse the random query.

I am trying to convert a MR balance on my Gold card to Avios. I have done this in the past with no issues, but I have cancelled the Gold and taken it out again since my last transfer.

I am logged on to the Amex dashboard, on the page where my balance, payment required and MR balance is shown.

I am selecting ‘Use your points’ under the MR balance, which redirects me to the following page: (catalogue.membershiprewards.co.uk), which is a much more dated web page.

At this point, I am no longer logged in, and shown the message “Your American Express online services user ID or password is incorrect” despite being logged in on the previous page.

I have tried to Enroll/reset my password on the catalogue website, but this is not providing a solution – I am able to enroll again, but immediately having done so I am shown the same error message: “Your American Express online services user ID or password is incorrect”.

Does anyone know where I am going wrong?

Thanks.

9. Graham says:

Hi Rob,
    Any idea if the BA card can be in someone else’s name (i.e. my partner) and still get the bonus?
    Thanks!

10. Walty says:

OT – When the Lloyds Upgrade vouchers move to BA.com, does anyone know if you can use a household balance along with it or can it only be miles from the voucher holder?

• It should be household as you can move these to avios.com anyway(as far as I remember), but good question.

11. Craig says:

OT:

Mrs S has just received her Plat MR card, two questions? How long for the bonus progress bar to appear? Secondly, bonus points for a supp card, is that automatic or does she have to wait to be targeted?

• Walty says:

1. Unsure
      2. Any supp cards that I have applied for in the past 1-2 years, bonus points have been applied automatically without me being targeted.

12. Anonymous says:

OT

I’ve been trying to log on to avios.com with my Vueling account details so that I can transfer the avios on that account to BAEC. However every time avios takes me to a page to confirm more details about my account (address / phone number / name / DOB) and when I enter everything correctly I keep getting this message that my phone number is in the wrong format. (I’ve done all the UK phone number formats I can think of)

Anybody know how to get around this so I can combine my avios?

• Mikeact says:

In all Avios accounts, everything has to be identical, down to the last letter. ( Have fun with the Iberia second surname, which catches a lot of people out. )

• Czechoslovakia says:

I had this problem yesterday, albeit avios to BAEC. Avios online chat rep moved the points for me, just had to confirm usual security details.

13. Apologies for this being OT but need advice and there is not “Bits” today. Here is my situation. My kitchen extension starts tomorrow and I would like to get some reward points when handing over money to the builder (in excess of £50K) I have a Revolut card, as does the builder it appears from linking my contacts, I have a Curve Card and I have IHG Creation, Hilton Honors and Amex Plat rewards cards. Looking into Revolut it seems some credit card companies treat the top-up as a cash withdrawal and this incurs charges. Does anyone know if my credit cards are ones that incur charges or has anyone got advice on how to best achieve my goal? Thanks folks.

• Top up revolut with curve – I just did it.

• Sergey says:

Wow, this finally started working! Does Curve see it as a purchase or withdrawal though?

• the real harry1 says:

let’s hope your kitchen design doesn’t turn out revoluting 🙂

• indeed Harry! Alex, thank you for that and can you confirm as Sergey asks, will that incur charges as a cash withdrawal?

14. Harkirat says:

Thanks Rob. Had a hotel booked in Bali in August for 3 nights with ebookers. Cancelled and re-booked with Kaligo who were £210 cheaper plus 26,000 Avios. Happy days…..

15. Mikeact says:

Screen shots to the rescue.

16. David says:

Has anyone tried redeeming this offer in the past through avisba.com? I could do with the free additional driver as well as the discount 🙂

• David says:

I’ve always done alright with avis! Certainly easier than trying to get europcar to credit to Accor (which is nigh on impossible!).

It’s only as the T’s&C’s say it might be through the Amex landing page on avis or ‘at the hotel’?!