British Airways has launched a new range of champagnes for its Galleries First lounges and long-haul cabins. The lounge champagnes were already in place last Wednesday when I flew to Madrid. The boat is not being pushed out too far, to be honest, but it appears to be a step forward:
Galleries First lounges
- Canard-Duchêne Charles VII Champagne (£33 at Majestic)
- Champagne Jeeper Brut Grand Rosé (not widely available but €65 if bought direct)
- Gusbourne, English Sparkling Wine (£30 at BBR for the 2012)
- Lanson Rosé Champagne (£37 at Tesco)
- Canard-Duchêne Cuvee Léonie Brut Champagne (not widely available but around £23)
- Champagne Besserat de Bellefon (£28 at Champagne Direct)
Castelnau champagne will continue to be served in Galleries Club and onboard in Club Europe, whilst Laurent-Perrier Grand Siècle will also still be served in First. This is actually the most premium offering, retailing at £120 per bottle at Majestic, and I’m not sure why British Airways plays it down.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (August 2021)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
There are two official British Airways American Express cards:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points, such as:
We also recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card:
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for our latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios this month from offers and promotions.)