Hilton

REMINDER: Up to 10,000 Avios with your household, business or landlord insurance

As we are a bit light on news now we’re into August, I am going to run over a few long-running miles-earning deals over the next few days which newer readers may not know about.

If any of your personal or business insurance is coming up for renewal, I wanted to give you a reminder about the generous deals available via insurance broker Alan Boswell which is an avios.com earning partner.

You can earn up to 10,000 Avios when you take out household, business or landlord insurance.

If your household insurance is due this month you may want to give them a call.

If you have a buy to let property, you can also pick up a large pile of Avios points when you take out landlord insurance.  You will also earn points if you take out business insurance for your company.

How many Avios can you earn?

This is what you can earn at present:

1,000 Avios per policy priced between £100 and £200

2,000 Avios per policy priced between £201 and £500

5,000 Avios per policy priced between £501 and £1,000

At least 10,000 Avios per policy priced above £1,000

Because this is an avios.com offer, the points will be placed into an avios.com account.  You can move them across to British Airways Executive Club using the ‘Combine My Avios’ feature on either website.  If your avios.com account has already been migrated across to BAEC, you will still be OK – the points will automatically find their way across.  You will need to still have your old avios.com account number however.

It is possible that this partnership may end when the Avios Travel Rewards Programme is finally shuttered in a few weeks, as Boswell is not – at least at the moment – a BAEC partner, so it is worth taking a look sooner rather than later if you’re interested.

Alan Boswell Avios

As a specialist insurance broker, Alan Boswell will give you best quote it can from the wide range of underwriters it works with.  This means that it is very likely that it will be competitive with your current insurance quote as you will be getting the lowest price from across a wide range of providers.

If you have a buy to let property, landlord insurance appears to be a tax deductible expense.  A business insurance policy is obviously also deductible.  This means that it would even be worth paying a little more than your current provider if you could secure a few thousand Avios on top.

How to buy

The system is a little fiddly, I admit.

For business and household insurance, you need to ring Alan Boswell for a quote.  The details can be found on this page of their website.

For landlord insurance, you can get a quote and purchase online via their website.

Don’t forget to factor in a value for the Avios when comparing with your existing quote.

Disclaimer: Head for Points is a journalistic website. Nothing here should be construed as financial advice, and it is your own responsibility to ensure that any product is right for your circumstances. Recommendations are based primarily on the ability to earn miles and points.  In order to discuss and link to Alan Boswell on this site, Robert Burgess is registered as an Introducer Appointed Representative of Alan Boswell Insurance Brokers Ltd which is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority.

My review of the new Hyatt Centric Madrid hotel
Bits: Amex MR transfers to SPG delayed, new Amex offers, Hilton takes three SPG Dubai hotels and launches a new brand

IHG
IHG

Comments

1. Ann heron says:

Another blatant commercial plug. Let’s get on with some proper journalism rather than plugging ‘introducer’ deals. Seen this Alan Boswell article repeatedly over the past few months.

• I’m a new to this site and I haven’t seen it. Could workout nicely for me.

• Worked out well for me and they are competitive. Thanks Rob. However good reminder i need for chase them for the 5k points!

• filipino_chino says:

also worked well for my mother and our family aka my avios account….

Saved money by moving from the bateman group and have gained 20,000 avios (10,000 for taking it out and 10,000 for renewal)

• Maybe there isn’t much other stuff happening. And you’re not forced. to read it!

• You know – this is actually points related and it’s clearly relevant to some HfP readers as per the comments. It’s also August when Rob traditionally slows down a bit. HfP remains free so constantly berating doesn’t really help.

• Write to Rob and ask for your subscription back

• The thing with insurance is that you don’t get it until your policy comes up, which is why we repeat this occasionally. I don’t get paid a penny if you take it out and actually had to get a special licence just to be able to legally write the articles ….

• @Ann
      Could you point me to your free site giving great avoid tips?

Also Rob states he doesn’t get paid for this article.

Why don’t you find another site that works better for you – as this one clearly doesn’t.

That way all of us who find this site helpful can enjoy it in peace.

2. Is this for new customers only or will they give Avios for renewing an existing policy?

• They are offering Avios on a discretionary bonus with renewals, except on very cheap policies.

3. William Kerr says:

Brilliant – used them last year house and contents reduced from over 1200 to 760 and car insurance reduced from 220 inc. legal protection to 164 inc. legal protection – that`s one massive saving … can absolutely recommend – they used Zenith on the car – just the same as my former high-charging broker had done (Saga – both house and car)…. am poised to get my motorbike covered with them as well …. PLEASE READ THIS ANN HERON (you posted )

4. William Kerr says:

..and I got the Avios too on the house insurance – 5000 – would have been 10000 if they had quoted over £1000 … however no Avios on the car insurance…

5. Anthony Littlewood says:

I took out a landlord policy, saved money, better cover and earned 5000 avios. Points added to my Avios account within 3 weeks.

6. flyforfun says:

Bizarrely my Landlords insurance ran out yesterday so this was a good reminder!

Saved £28 on the renewal quote from my previous insurer who couldn’t autorenew (shame about the BMI card!) The avios site says its 2500 for less than £500 spend or 500 for more.

Haven’t received a follow up email from them and its been a few hours. Does it come automatically or should I chase?

7. This is very much worth a look. It costs nothing to get a quote. Sometimes Alan Boswell are competitive and sometimes another broker is. I use 5 different brokers when getting quotes. Remember to factor in the avios at whatever price you value them when comparing quotes. I’ve probably had about 70-80k avios from Alan Boswell over the last year or so on the rental property policies I took with them when they were competitive.