IHG

EXCELLENT Virgin Atlantic business class deals (£1000+) to the US and Canada, valid until March

Virgin Atlantic seems to have launched an exceptionally good Business Class sale to North America.

I say ‘seems’ because we haven’t been told about and it isn’t being promoted online, but the fares are definitely available on the Virgin Atlantic website.

EDIT: Availability is thinning out now on some routes, but most places are still looking OK for Feb / March 2019

Here are the headline prices.  Importantly, they are bookable at these prices – I found availability for the prices I list below:

United States:

Washington – £1064

Canada:

Calgary – £1247

Montreal – £1053

Toronto – £1099

Winnipeg – £1253

Other destinations are available if you have a play around on the site.

Virgin Atlantic business class sale

Flights are either direct on Virgin Atlantic or on a combination of Virgin Atlantic and Delta, with occasionally WestJet used for Canadian connections.  The usual miles and tier points will be earned.

The Virgin website has a ‘search over 5 weeks’ feature which lets you easily see the cheapest dates around your preferred travel period.  The best fares require a Tuesday or Wednesday departure.

The fare rules are very generous:

Book by 15th September

Travel before 29th March 2019, excluding 12th – 26th December

In reality there is very little chance of these fares sitting around until 15th September, either because there are only limited seats available or because Virgin Atlantic pulls the deal.

You can find out more about the Virgin Upper Class seat here.  The fantastic Clubhouse Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 3 – probably one of the top five airline lounges globally – is outlined here.

You can book on the Virgin Atlantic website here.

Hat-tip to travel-dealz.de / YHBU.

Bits: Amex "Platinum House" coming to London, Priority Pass guest fee jumping up - what should you do?
Can you claim tax relief if you pay to upgrade your flight on a business trip?

Star Alliance

Comments

1. Four posts today, always 3 every day of august no less so far.

Well done HFP!

2. ThinkSquare says:

Have these gone already? I can’t see anything below £2024 to MIA

• It wouldn’t surprise me, if you’re not fast you’re last

• EvilDoctorK says:

I found MIA in Feb for £1334 … though very limited availability I agree

• Just searched for Toronto in October and this came up at £1,099 so still availability at present….

• Outbound must be on MON/TUE/WED and Inbound must be on TUE/WED/THU/FRI.

3. BA also selling club world tickets for the same price, I looked at lhr to sfo on same dates in BA, coming up as £1454 exactly same as virgin

• will be referred to as price-matching. in any other industry would be called collusion or cartel-like behaviour.

• I don’t have a problem with competitors colluding to reduce prices

• Price matching is pro-competitive. It’s only if BA and virgin colluded in advance to set a price that they would be in breach of competition law. So u less you have evidence of that…

• Richard says:

If their prices are low, its anti competitive “walmarting”
        If their prices are high, it’s anti competitive abuse of market power
        If their prices are the same it’s collusion

• Virgin much better than BA’s CW

• You certain that’s return? I’m not seeing anything close into any TX airport, or ATL

4. The beer promo worked!

5. Normally I’d jump on one of these US flights but not with the current strength of the dollar.

• Does it really matter? If you use points for your hotels then your actual cash spend when you’re there will be pretty small.

6. Chicago flights in September still very cheap (£1,060). Very nearly able to take advantage myself, but the flight times just don’t quite work, so I’ll be having to stick with my Norwegian Premium booking at the same price. Frustrating but so it goes.

7. Any Carribbean or Mexico flights at these prices from them (or anyone !)

8. Charlie says:

Has anyone had any joy with open jaw, and do we know if the return has to be flown by March, or can that be later? Looking to head out to YYC mid Feb, returning from LAX mid April – best I can find on Virgin is £1700ish which does give me the opportunity to try out Delta one, but I can fly American for £1500, including direct on the way home.

• I called the Gold Card line yesterday and was told all Travel has to be before 31 st March and that open jaw was not allowed. I did find 4 seat into and out of SFO for 1425 pounds but the return was via Detroit on Delta which actually I don’t mind.

9. Have tried numerous dates and nothing under £2.5k. Yesterday was £1.7k

Mistake fare?

10. Currently in an interminable immigration queue at IAD, which at least has terrific WiFi! Also very much enjoyed the new BA CW service. Are any of these offers from the regions?

• ThinkSquare says:

I couldn’t find any from MAN. Have just booked LHR-IAD instead for £1139 pp. At least I’ll get to see what all the Clubhouse fuss is about..

• Catalan says:

Anna?! Anna actually admitting to liking something BA? Wow, it must have been good! 😉

• I generally enjoy my actual travel with them, it’s all the mucking about they do in the meantime that annoys me!

11. Thank you for listing Winnipeg!