British Airways adds more flights to Nashville

British Airways has announced that the new Nashville service, launched in May, will be moving to daily operation from the Summer 2019 timetable.

There are presently five flights per week, but this will increase with the addition of a Thursday and Sunday flight.  All flights will use a 3-class (no First) Boeing 787-8.

British Airways increases Nashville services

The first additional flight will be on 31st March.  Seats are now bookable – if you tried and failed to get Avios seats for next summer, it is worth looking again as there will be seats available on these new services.

My lunch with Clare Smyth and some HFP readers at Core
Good one-way Business Class fares to the US from London

Comments

1. Shoestring says:

Damn. I could check in OK for tomorrow but my son got the dreaded ‘Cannot check in online’ notice, I guess he has been random picked for the ‘careful check’.

• My OH got that in August, but he was only barred from ONCI at LHR. So they obviously weren’t bothered about him being up to anything nefarious on the connecting flight!

• Shoestring says:

Yep but it probably means he’ll be in a rubbish toilet row seat, I got 9A. Still 1 exit seat free, maybe we can grab that if we get to check in @ T-3hrs (sometimes in Economy they let you check in slightly earlier, but not a lot. Raffles said you can check in T-4 or earlier in CW, I guess that’s right?)

• From 5am in Club Europe (at Heathrow or Gatwick) ….

• Shoestring says:

I wonder what the lower age limit is on getting these special security checks – my son’s only 17! – sounds like a SSSS but we’re not going to the States, is it getting common on flights to Europe as well?

• No. It’s not a security issue, it’s a sync issue between different parts of the booking/ticket. One hint that works some of the time is to remove your APIS and start again, that often does the trick.

• Shoestring says:

APIS? How would I remove it? Not got a clue what APIS is

• Shoestring says:

Advanced passenger information?

But then – how can he check in online?

• Shoestring says:

Cheers Nick, got him checked in – 10D so not too bad or far away from me. No toilet seat this time! 🙂

Had to change his passport number with 1 digit change (to wrong number), check in, change back passport to correct number.

Bad news is: all Exit seats have gone, so no freebie tomorrow.

But worry lifted, what a strange system.

• Shoestring says:

All good – they let us check in T-nearly 4 hrs, no problem. Here’s a one – whilst there were no exit seats available (all gone, but I could have had them for free if they were available) – my check in agent said there were another 22 seats available to switch to but that I couldn’t because of my lowly status/ RFS redemption basis (not that she said it so bluntly). Theoretical seating at work. Got 2 good seats anyway so no problem – and I guess a few are CW. Not sure if self check in @ machines in LHR would have freed up all the ET seats, quite possibly.

Anyway, sitting in No1 T3 (no £5 reservation), if anybody wants to say hello. Pretty full.

• Shoestring says:

Just briefed a guy about claiming compo on his cancelled TATL Virgin flight (the Trent engine issue) – he was happy enough with his lounge pass & glass of Champers until I told him about the MCOL cases & EUR600 🙂