You need to book by 18th November. A minimum stay of six days is required. With a few exceptions for the Africa deals, you can book up to a year ahead.
You can depart from London, Manchester, Birmingham, Edinburgh or Glasgow. You will be changing planes in Germany or Switzerland. I also saw the occasional option on Austrian via Vienna.
Headline prices are:
- Hong Kong £1699 Business, £599 Premium Economy (in reality you can find fares for £1399)
- Shanghai £1499 Business, £589 Premium Economy
- Beijing £1699 Business, £649 Premium Economy
- Mauritius £1799 Business, £999 Premium Economy
- Addis Ababa £1349 Business, £549 Premium Economy
- Delhi £1199 Business, £662 Premium Economy
- Nairobi £1399 Business, £704 Premium Economy
I reviewed Lufthansa’s current Business Class seat recently – see here. If you are travelling on your own, I would suggest using SWISS if you can because they have a lot of solo seats whilst Lufthansa is 2 x 2 x 2 throughout.
Your best option to maximise your miles when paying is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. This offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you when you book flight tickets directly with an airline. Our review of Amex Gold is here.