Black Friday extra: Air France, Air New Zealand, Blacklane, Cathay Pacific, Conde Nast Traveller, Etihad, Lufthansa, Sixt, Vueling

These deals only arrived at HFP on Friday morning, so I’m doing this article as an extra round-up.  If you are reading this via the emails on Saturday, the deals – except for Sixt – will still be live.

(Congratulations to Rhys, our intern, who managed to get one of the 100 x £175 Air New Zealand economy flights to Los Angeles that they were selling at 10am!  Another reader posted in the comments that they got a pair too.)

Air France KLM

This one looks genuinely good in Business Class.  Book by Monday.  Deals include Amman at £979, Tokyo £1589, Shanghai £1669, Dubai £1349 etc.  Details are here.  Economy and Premium Economy deals also available.

Air New Zealand

ANZ has now confirmed its Heathrow to Los Angeles pricing – Economy £299, Premium Economy £699, Business Premier £2099.  A reader emailed to say that code LA30 takes an additional £30 off, meaning that you can fly Air New Zealand to LA in Economy for just £269 return.  Book by Monday, travel dates vary by class.  Full details are on their site here.

Blacklane – save 20%

Chauffeur / executive cars group Blacklane is offering 20% off all rides booked this weekend (you can book for a future date) using code BLACKFRIDAY18.

We have started to use Blacklane at non-UK airports, especially when we are with the kids and I would prefer to have a driver at the gate waiting for me.  You can also earn airline miles on Blacklane bookings, although not with BA or Virgin.  You can sign up for a Blacklane account here.

Cathay Pacific

Various deals available in all classes to Asia, Australia and New Zealand – worth a look but they are not the most aggressive offers I have ever seen.  Book by 30th November.  Details are here.

Conde Nast Traveller – £19 for a year!

Until midnight Friday (EDIT: extended over the weekend!) you can buy a 1-year subscription for £19.  The same deal applies to GQ, Vanity Fair, Tatler, Vogue, Wired etc.  The link is here.

Etihad

Various deals in Economy and Business, typically £2000-ish to Abu Dhabi, Singapore etc.  Book by 26th November 2018 for travel between 15th January and 15th June 2019.  Full details are here.

Lufthansa – save £25

Lufthansa is offering £25 off any flight booked before Monday night.  There is NO minimum spend, although the discount only applies to the base fare and not taxes.  You need to use this page of the Lufthansa website – the code is shown at the top.

Sixt – save 25%

25% discount globally on car rentals.  This is a FRIDAY ONLY deal.  You can find out more here.

Vueling – from €22.99

One-way sale fares from the UK from €22.99 (not bad given that APD is £13!).  Book by Sunday night.  Details are here.

Get GHA Discovery Platinum hotel status for just £16 this weekend!
Earn 5,000 bonus Avios with generous Avis & British Airways Black Friday / Cyber Weekend deal

IHG

Comments

1. Nate1309 says:

What is Conde Nast like compared to Sunday Times Travel?

• Looks the same, a bit more upmarket.

• It does look a bit glossier but the articles are very similar.

• Lady London says:

pretty much the same, but I had the impression it was more stuffed with more upmarket ads (a bit like Vogue, compared to, say, Tatler)

• CNT is much more upmarket than STT, concentrating on 5 star lux travel. Both are good magazines but aimed at rather different clientele. I prefer STT but then I’m biased since we provide them alot of their images 😉

2. Colin MacKinnon says:

American Airlines sent me this:

(If I want to buy, it is per calendar year for their purchase limits?)

Black Friday starts now. For a limited time, we are giving you 20% more bonus miles on top of our existing offer when you buy or gift 10,000 or more American Airlines AAdvantage® miles.

This offer ends November 26 — don’t miss out on one of our best deals of the year.
    Miles Purchased/Gifted Bonus Miles + 20% for Black Friday
    10,000–24,000 2,500 now 3,000
    25,000–49,000 7,500 now 9,000
    50,000–74,000 22,500 now 27,000
    75,000–99,000 40,000 now 48,000
    100,000–149,000 60,000 now 72,000
    150,000 100,000 now 120,000

3. Thanks for this Rob. Any chance someone at HFP Towers would like to set pen to paper and write an article on chauffeured transport sometime in the future? Something that covers value as well as price i.e. hotel manager and driver picking you up, checking you in, arranging meals etc etc versus the DIY approach?

4. Speedbird676 says:

“ANZ has now confirmed its Heathrow to Los Angeles pricing”

Having lived in Australia, I was wondering why a bank had pricing between LHR and LAX.

5. alan young says:

Does anyone know the approx. price for two pax to upgrade to have a skycouch one way?

6. You’re letting Rhys fly in economy?!!

7. Thanks – I’ve treated myself to a subscription to Vanity Fair, though I got a message on the final screen saying the checkout process was not successful. It seems to have gone through on Paypal and the linked Amex though so we’ll see!

8. Must say, kudos to Lufthansa. So many non-offers out there that I think their transparency is to be applauded.

9. Worth checking the actual cost of the yearly subscription. Wired, for example, is £9 per year…. so £19 Black Friday sale isn’t so great.

• And pay with credit card/Paypal rather than Direct Debit or you may forget to cancel it and find yourself paying a lot more next year!

10. All BF “deals” are a a bit of a damp squib really. Have seen much better prices in last few months.

11. Black lane deal is single-use only. I booked JFK-Manhattan fine but the return was full price. It does not mention this on their site but they confirmed to me on Facebook that this is the case.

It has just occurred to me I could maybe book the return in my wife’s name instead so I might try that later.

• Indeed! Use a different credit card.

• Louise Allen says:

Tried that – Amex Plat and BAPP but code still showing as invalid on the second booking. Fortunately, the return trip is cheaper than the outbound so I got the saving on the right leg.

• SINGLE USE ONLY says:

Yeah – that’s really annoying.

I read “20% off all rides booked this weekend” and started booking, only to find that I’ve wasted the discount on a cheap booking.

12. Email just in. The Conde Nast offer has been extended ‘for a limited time’.

13. Shoestring says:

Yep it’s bad news on both counts

14. Don’t know about fuel, but Amazon gift cards would be handy for Christmas shopping.