Marriott"

Earn 5,000 bonus Avios with generous Avis & British Airways Black Friday / Cyber Weekend deal

Avis and British Airways have come together to launch a very generous Black Friday deal which actually runs until next Tuesday evening.

If you book an Avis car at a participating location for three days or more, you will receive 5,000 bonus Avios.  This is on top of the base Avios you will earn.

Here is a summary of the terms and conditions:

You must book before midnight on Tuesday 27th November

You must collect your car before 31st January 2019

You must book a Group C car or above

You must rent for a minimum of 3 days

You must rent from a participating Avis office in Europe, Africa, the Middle East or Asia (North America is excluded)

You must use the British Airways discount code (AWD), which we list below, when booking

The offer is not valid on Prestige, Van or Chauffeur Drive rentals worldwide

Check the full terms and conditions on the Avis / BA website here before you book.

Avis British Airways black friday offer

How many Avios will I earn?

You will earn 5,000 bonus Avios under this promotion, on top of your base Avios.

For a 3+ day rental, which is what is required here, your base earnings will be 3 Avios per £1 with a minimum of 700 Avios.

You will also earn an additional 250 Avios if you pay for your rental with a British Airways Premium Plus American Express card.

Assuming you do pay with a BAPP Amex, you will earn a minimum of 5,950 Avios and potentially more depending on how much you spend.  If you pay with a different credit card you will earn at least 5,700 Avios.

There is cap of 10,000 Avios per rental.

How do I book?

Avis and BA have a dedicated booking site which you can find here.

You can also book via ba.com or directly at avis.co.uk.

If you use avis.co.uk, you will need to manually add the British Airways discount codes (AWD) which are, based on your British Airways Executive Club status:

Gold members – N744400

Silver members – N744300

Bronze members – N284300

Blue members – N744100

Avis British Airways Black Friday offer

Are there any other benefits from booking with Avis?

Yes.  Book via the British Airways discount codes above and you will receive a free additional driver.

There is also a free ‘meet and greet’ service at London Heathrow for anyone booking a Prestige vehicle, although Prestige rentals are excluded from the 5,000 bonus Avios offer.

Avis also has two other Avios bonuses you can collect on top of this offer:

If you join Avis Preferred for free you will collect an additional 500 bonus Avios on your first Preferred rental

If you rent with Avis four times in a calendar year, you will earn 1,000 bonus Avios

Conclusion

Black Friday car hire deals have been thin on the ground, so it is good to see Avis coming out with something so generous.  If you value an Avios at 1p, which is our usual minimum valuation on the site, you will receive £57-worth of points for your 3+ day rental.  This is likely to be an excellent return on the money you spend.

Full details of this deal can be found on the Avis / BA booking page at carhire-ba.com here.

Black Friday extra: Air France, Air New Zealand, Blacklane, Cathay Pacific, Conde Nast Traveller, Etihad, Lufthansa, Sixt, Vueling
BACK FOR CYBER MONDAY: Bizarre but good deal - buy 55,000 MeliaRewards points on Amazon Spain for €165!

qatar
Marriott

Comments

1. Hmmm – thought i might rebook an existing res for this weekend to take advantage of this … price goes from £155 to £400!
    No way, Avis/BA…

• +1

These deals are always a con, you pay more with that code compared to what the best price will be especially if you have decent status. That should be made clear in the article otherwise people are being potentially misled

• That’s not why the price went up. The price went up because it was being rebooked at 24 hours notice!

In general Avis is very good about not messing about with its pricing when offers are on.

• londonsteve says:

I’ve got some fantastic prices collecting at LHR when taking advantage of Avis/BA/Iberia special deals. In fact, the prices of late on the Avis Iberia page have been LOWER than booking direct on Avis.co.uk, even when logged in with Preferred status.

Prices for car rental from the big names booking at short notice for collection Mon-Thu, particularly at LHR or central London locations can be absolutely crazy. The know these bookings are for business travellers and prices escalate accordingly, no different to flight bookings.

• Louise Allen says:

I booked on Thursday for this weekend coming, just £63 for three days hire of a group D (I think) car.
      My only gripe is that the T&C’s refer to participating locations but I can’t find which locations are participating so I’ve no idea if my hire (from Glasgow airport) will attract the bonus or not.

• Will be fine. It is only a few obscure franchises that don’t participate in these offers. The big airport sites will be company owned.

2. Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Any idea whether a flight+car BA Holidays itinerary will trigger this?

• czechoslovakia says:

According the blurb, yes.

• The flight plus car package I have booked for next summer has gone up by £1000 this week so be careful!

• Yes. I booked a flight and car with BA Holidays on Thursday and the offer is noted on the itinerary and prepaid voucher they give you.

3. Seems a bit pointless (well minus points in fact), as the 9,000 Avios for exactly the same conditions is available via Iberia.

• czechoslovakia says:

That has to include a Saturday I think. No good to me for the usual Mon – Fri rentals. 5000 bonus better than 0, in my case.

4. Ugh. Just booked a rental for Christmas couple of days ago. Wish I’d waited now!

• Check if Avis prepaid rentals are refundable. I know Hertz are.

• If you booked with AVIS by phone, call them again as they’ll probably let you make a new booking and then cancel and refund your existing booking for no penalty – of course, it depends what has happened to the price as to whether this is worth it. I have just done this and booked a Group C at £8 more than my original Group A booking – a good deal if the avios actually post. Generally, if you call AVIS to book instead of booking online, and tell them you want the BA rate, they will take your BAEC A/C No. and you’ll get the same rate, or sometimes better, than with BA online. If you see their price fall after booking, they will then also refund and rebook if you call and ask – I did this three times for one rental in Bordeaux in the summer and saved over £70. BA will not do this.

5. That meet and greet is only if you are arriving at Heathrow. If like us last year you came from a different airport they wont meet you and you have to get their shuttle bus. So if in same situation lie and give them a flight number.

However, this turned out to be a good thing as when were able to give it a thorough check at the depot the ‘prestige’ car had 4 unreported damage we had to add before leaving. Upon return when the representatives took out the file on the car I noticed the damage had actually been recorded on a past document. I dont normally have any issues with Avis but maybe they were seeing what damage isnt noticed by a customer and then charge accordingly?

6. Miles&More have a current 5k mikes offer for 3+ days hire if you book before the 30th November. The rates for December seems reasonable.

7. On the website it also shows Budget cars – are these also included in the offer?

8. Iberia’s 9000 offer is way better than this and is still running. Not sure why anyone would choose this BA over the Iberia one.

9. ZumoDeNaranja says:

I no longer bother with Avis Avios deals – every single time they have screwed up the credit then taken months to rectify (and not always correctly…)

And dealing with Avis Customer Services is just excruciating :O

• I have never had miles not post from Avis, whether Virgin or Avios, and I’ve had 100+ rentals in the last 5 years.

I always use the proper links though. And avoid adding other AWD codes. It’s tempting to think you can get a discount AND miles, but it might not work.

• ZumoDeNaranja says:

To respond to your implicit criticism:

1. I am not stupid
        2. I always follow the Ts&Cs to the letter
        3. Good for you

• When there was a Virgin 6,000 mile offer earlier this year, there were lots of posts from folks using the Amex Plat AWD and adding their VS FC number to the booking and the miles often didn’t post.

Take it as implicit criticism if you wish, but I didn’t mean it that way.

I intended my reply to be advice for all HfP’ers, not to you.

10. Yeah I’ve found the Amex Plat discount to be pretty decent, plus includes free 4h extension at many locations which can be handy if arriving lunchtime and departing evening, saving a day of extra rental.

11. Ive found a deal on United airlines Usa to New York but it wont process the payment even though it gives me the option for uk address it just comes up with an error ? is this a glitch or can you not use a uk credit card on the Usa version of United airlines site.

The price is 3 times the price on uk site .

thanks in advance

12. Chechire Pete says:

Anyone know for certain if my pick up times are at 11:00 on a Monday and drop off 1800 Wednesday this counts as a 3 day rental in the system to trigger the offer?

• In my experience, yes, anything between 48-72 hours is billed as 3 days. Only exception is if you are booked on the Amex Plat Hertz rate where you get 4 bonus hours, which means it has to be between 52-76 hours to count as 3 days.

13. Donna Williams says:

Hi, how can I tell if I will get the 5000 points as on the booking it just says it earns 700? Will these be added separately? Thanks

14. Is this deal still running? Can’t see any mention of it on the webpage tonight