Marriott"

BE QUICK: Get 5,000 FREE IHG Rewards Club points (worth £20) for sharing a photo

IHG Rewards Club has launched a new promotion, Home With IHG, which will earn you 5,000 points simply for sharing a photo on social media.

I value an IHG Rewards Club point at 0.4p so this is effectively £20-worth of free hotel nights.

The offer is restricted to the first 10,000 people to take part.  It launched last night and, whilst it is scheduled to run until the end of the year, I’m pretty sure that the 10,000 person target will be hit very quickly.  This article alone will generate a large % of that.

Take a look at this page of the IHG website.

5000 free IHG Rewards Club points with Home With IHG

This is what you need to do:

You need to tweet or put on Instagram a photograph of yourself at home or at any IHG (Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, InterContinental etc) property

You CANNOT post to a ‘private’ account – it must be public so that IHG can verify your entry

You MUST include the following tags, which you can cut and paste from here:  #HomeWithIHG #ad #Rewardsoffer @IHGRewardsClub

Once your post is up, you need to visit this ‘claim my points’ page of the IHG site and log in using your Twitter or Instagram account – in theory you are asked to wait 15 minutes although I didn’t and my post had still been found.  Some readers, in our comments below, are having issues with certain browsers so if it fails try a different one.

You will be asked for your name and IHG Rewards Club number.  A confirmation reference number will be given.  Points will post within two weeks.

In theory, the small print says that “[you] must follow @ihgrewardsclub …. to participate and maintain such non-private account for at least thirty (30) days after the Offer Period ends to be eligible”.  I am not convinced this is correct, partly because you are told that the points will arrive in 1-2 weeks after you submit and your number and partly because this clause is not mentioned in the main body text.  It is up to you whether you do this.

This is one of those promotions where having a ‘spare’ Twitter or Instagram account is handy, if you don’t want to spam your friends with your photo.

IHG cannot validate who owns any particular social media page, so if you have both a Twitter and Instagram account you could do this for two people without actually having to nag your partner for their log-in details!

In terms of geography, the promo is open to residents of “Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia”.

I do not think that these points are elite qualifying.  However, it is a VERY easy opportunity to pick up a meaningful chunk of points (I’m looking at you, Marriott, giving away 50 points for playing your recent quiz!) and I would do it if you can.

Reminder: Get exclusive benefits on luxury hotel bookings via Head for Points
Bits: Amex '£10 off at BP' offer, 2000 Hilton Honors points for new members, BA closes Munich lounge

qatar
Marriott

Comments

1. ROBERT FREUDMANN says:

I’m getting the following error when clicking on the Instagram link

{“error_type”: “OAuthException”, “code”: 400, “error_message”: “Redirect URI does not match registered redirect URI”}

2. Simply refuses to accept login, keeps saying come back in 15 mins.

• ThinkSquare says:

I had this trouble. Eventually realised my Twitter account was set to private. I had to repost the picture after changing the settings to get the IHG site to find it,

3. Josh Davies says:

still working via twitter this morning. couldnt get it work on my mobile last night so tried on work desktop and no problems. nice one!

4. Just done it. Confirmation received. I’m sure we can just delete the tweet now.

5. Just done it now, worked fine. So far I have 7500 points (including this) which I have got from 1 stay in a hotel for 1 night, and the rest of the points by promotions of some sort.

6. Dave Fearn says:

Problems with Edge browser under Windows 10 – switched to Chrome and worked fine. Many thanks Rob!

7. After three attempts, eventually got it to work. Used Edge as Chrome wasn’t having any of it!!!!

Thanks for the Heads up Rob!!!

(Oooooo! A new tag line? Head for points Heads-ups!!!!

8. Concerto says:

I have a twitter account but I actually have no idea at all how to use it. Where do I enter the “#HomeWithIHG”, “#RewardsOffer”, and “#ad” things? And where is the handle which should contain “@ihgrewardsclub”?

9. thboyand says:

I struggled with the link in the article until I followed https://homewithihg.com/claim and then it worked.

10. OT: Anyone stayed at IC malta and how does it compare to the hilton? Also, How does Amb benefits work if I book 2 rooms?
    Or should I make hubby join Amb and book second room under his name?

• A friend stayed as platinum (non amb). Very disappointing experience and the rooms look nothing like the photos. My understanding is that you need to book a suite or an apartment below a suite hoping for an upgrade to get the good side of the hotel.

11. Concerto says:

Well, I did it a second time, and put #HomeWithIHG #ad and #RewardsOffer in the message space. I made sure my name was under the photo, when prompted. I think handles apply to Instagram (don’t do Instagram). I think my account is public, not sure how to check. It’s pretty user unfirendly, Twitter, I must say. Took a fair while to find out how to block someone who was sending sexy pictures!

• Were the pictures not to your liking? 😂

• ThinkSquare says:

Click the picture of “head & shoulders” in the top right, then “Settings & privacy”, then “privacy and safety”, then untick “Tweet privacy”.

I think you also need to include @IHGRewardsClub in the post text. Well, it worked for me, anyway

Glad it isn’t just me who finds all these social media things difficult.

12. Harry Holden says:

Completed the task successfully yesterday. On my account activity, it now shows “Ad Hoc mailing – program update 0 PTS”.

Is this related and a sign that for some reason my twitter post was not perfect? Or is it something totally unrelated?

• Unrelated. I had that appear a few days ago.

• Nope it’s appeared on lots (all?) accounts – had more of a code to it before and I thought it was related to AMB renewal. It appeared before this promo though so not connected.

13. Just done the IHG promo at 7.45 this p.m., so they’ve obviously not reached 10,000 yet

14. Still working.After several attempts last night getting an error message,this evening it work perfectly with the first try.
    And like few others HFP readers…my first tweet..
    Many thanks Rob!

15. new to instrgam, i have uploaded picture and done all the # and @ tags, and am upto this step: Once your post is up, you need to visit and log in using your Twitter or Instagram account
    where do i need to visit and log in to now ?
    thanks

16. Trevor Holmes says:

Still working now, using Chrome. It failed for me clicking the link in the article, but worked to link to twitter when using the URL directly: https://homewithihg.com/claim

17. ElectroDuende says:

Points have just posted on my account!

Thanks a lot Rob!