FIVE DAYS ONLY, ENDS FRIDAY: 30% off UK & Ireland bookings for IHG Rewards Club members

IHG has launched a “5 days only” flash sale exclusively for IHG Rewards Club members.

From today until Friday 1st February, IHG is offering 30% off UK and Ireland hotels for stays until the end of April 2019.

The so called Pay Day Sale includes brands such as Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Crowne Plaza and Staybridge Suites.

You can book via a special link here.

(EDIT by Rob: having looked at two IHG hotels on Friday which I needed to book for the next few weeks, I can confirm that the prices offered in this sale are genuinely and noticeably lower than the cheapest price on offer last week.)

IHG flash sale

Over 300 hotels are included in this promotion.  The discount is billed as 30% off Best Flexible Rate but – as these rooms are non-refundable – it is more accurate to say that you are getting around 20% off the usual Advanced Purchase rate.

A few example discounts, as provided by IHG, are :

Holiday Inn Manchester City Centre from £80 (reduced from £110)

Holiday Inn Express Glasgow Theatreland from £65 per night (reduced from £89)

voco St Davids Cardiff from £72 per night (reduced from £139)

All of the above are for travel on 8th and 9th February.

IHG flash sale

If you are not an IHG Rewards Club member yet, you can sign up before making your booking and also benefit from the 30% off offer.

Rewards Nights. Faster.

This offer should work alongside the current generous ‘Reward Nights. Faster’ promotion.

All IHG Rewards Club members have been given different personalised targets.  You can find out your targets, and register, on the IHG website here.

IHG flash sale

Rob’s wife, for example, has:

10,000 bonus points for staying five nights

28,800 bonus points for staying at three different IHG brands

8,400 bonus points for two Holiday Inn stays

10,800 bonus points for 3 x 2-night weekend stays (Saturday plus another night)

6,600 bonus points for booking two ‘Bonus Point Packages’

….. which is not bad at all.  The bonus points promotion runs until 30th April so it matches the stay dates of the 30% off deal.

The special booking page for the UK & Ireland ‘30% off’ deal is here.  You need to book by Friday.

Curve relaunches - charge ANY debit or credit card payment to your American Express (Part 2)
Bits: Lufthansa Business deals to Asia and S America, 25% off Virgin Atlantic Premium for 2+, new IHG voco in Solihull

Comments

1. Error…the MasterCard rate offers 30% off BFR any time, not only until 30 April, provided booking is made 21 days in advance. Only benefit of this promotion is therefore bookings within next few days for stays within 21 days.

2. The hotels I have looked at on this deal are showing as refundable.

3. In the 30% off T&C:

> Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.

Can this be used as the first stay for “rewards nights faster” ? Would be good for a cheap single night before a longer stay so the latter gets double points

• I assume they mean promo affecting price

• Yes, I think anything discounted up to 35% is a qualifying stay unless that has quietly gone at some point.

• In recent years IHG has ensured that publicly available offers are always qualifying. This is after all an exclusive offer for Rewards Club members.

• Hardly exclusive when you can join IHG during the booking process and still get this offer!

Unfortunately I’d already booked Manchester for this weekend a few weeks ago so no discount for me!

Anyone else noticed that the IHG app is a bit unstable this morning. The calendars aren’t formatted properly for example and on one search it threw me off the app onto the website.

• That’s not what I meant. I meant that, as IHG insists you join Rewards Club to book, they can hardly then make the rate non qualifying.

4. pommy ray says:

I noticed 30 per cent off holiday inn, 20 off kimpton and 10 off indigo with at least 3 days notice.
    no bonus points packages available though.

5. Antonio says:

It is possible to book flash sale or advanced saver rates with Bonus Points on top?

6. Completely Off topic, just thought I’d let you know that Curve has lost its main USP – you can now pay HMRC using the Revolut Virtual Card. I just paid the Self Assessment last week.

7. Rich01924 says:

Would I be able to use the flash sale rates and secure the free night for staying 2 in a free property….had a quick scan of the link T&Cs but they didn’t mention if it was point qualifying or not…

• Rich01924 says:

That should have read “new property” not “free property” !!!! 🙂

• This rate is almost certainly qualifying given that the offer is only for IHG Rewards Club members.

• Hi Rob

I wonder if you contacted IHG rewards about it. I asked the same question and IHG rewards advised this may invalidate the 2-night promotion (which would be very poor on loyalty / reputation )

Regards
        Yaron

• Hi, the payday rate didn’t display when I clicked through from my accelerate offers page. This suggests that a payday booking wouldn’t qualify.

8. IHG-related – finally received my AMB 10% rebate for a booking in Dec. Had re-booked it after renewing Ambassador and it did finally post 🙂 Gives me more hope that my next one will post too – very nice rebate.

9. Dragonfly says:

I was been monitoring the rates at an IH Express before 30th April, and the room rates have gone up by £10 (since the beginning of January) for the night I was after. I logged into my account, and there was no discount for members – the same room rates. The room rates if staying tonight are 40% cheaper than those in April. The redemption rate is 15,000 – my calculation based on buying IHG points 100% bonus when on sale, would be equivalent to £70 – compared to the room rate of £120. So, I will be using points instead.

10. AndyGWP says:

Ooh – this may well be worth me combining to get the “free night” offer now…

• OT – waiting for my IHG Ambassador pack – any feedback on current delivery times from joining?

• Hi , please see my comment later in the day. Before combining offers , I’d suggest contacting IHG rewards club and get a written confirmation that the promotions wouldn’t invalidate each other !

• I wouldn’t bother. IHG rewards club CS couldn’t find their way out of a wet paper bag!

If they confirm something, then good luck getting it.
        If they deny something, it might well still work.

11. Hi
    Whilst I note the statement about this promotion “should work alongside the generous Reward nights, Faster’ , being based in the UK , some readers may have also registered for the earlier promotion of “spend 2-nights in selected hotels in the UK , receive a free night certificate” promotion . I just asked IHG about combining the two, since I have a stay at the Met hotel Leeds in February .
    IHG’s response is:

“To answer your question, I wouldn’t suggest combining 2 promotions as most likely, either of the two will be invalidated. I know it sounds tempting at first glance but a promotion could not be subscribed to in conjuntion to another promotion. I hope this is clear and as always, thank you for the loyalty”

So on the face of it – it is not risk free!

I imagine if a query came directly from HeadForPointe, IHG Rewards Club would be in more or a hurry to clearly clarify “yes or no” to combining the two.

For people who had not registered for the “2 night promotion” , no risk/impact .

• Just contemplating making a booking today.
      The Ts&Cs for The “IHG Flash Sale with 30% off ” state Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion. So you’re only likely to get one (for me the free night is more valuable and I wouldn’t want to jeopardise it)

• Ya Ron would be interested to know what the Met is like as we go up often to see our Daughter who is in Uni there.

• Rob Walker says:

It’s ‘OK’. The public areas of the hotel are rather nice. We even had our work Christmas party there a year or two ago. I stayed a few weeks ago and the room was fairly basic. You could tell the age of the place from the bathroom. Separate hot/cold taps etc. Quite austere.

12. Slightly Off topic but something id like to raise an IHG:

Does anyone else have issues with the way IHG deal with receipts from their Points+Cash Bookings? Each time i complete one, i cant get a receipt for the cash paid from the hotel so i have to apply to IHG directly. Each time i do i receive differing requests for differing proof to be able to attain my receipt, ranging from/to:

My complete credit card number [which is obviously a bad thing to send via email]
    My last 4 digits of Credit Card [even though they are on the booking i send them, they request i have to rewrite them to them as they cant take from my booking.

Each time i have long drawn out mails every 2 days [as thats their turnaround for reply… when they remember to reply], just to get what i legally require.

Any thoughts?

• Genghis says:

It doesn’t surprise me that you struggle as points and cash bookings are essentially you buying the points from IHG and then using those points along with some you already have to pay for the booking.

• indeed… but just seems very painful. Doing paperwork is in general but having this extra layer of bureaucracy doesnt help…