Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Buy a British Airways ‘BA 100’ lapel pin badge to support the Flying Start charity

When I was at the oneworld 20th anniversary event on Friday, I was given one of the limited edition ‘BA 100’ pin badges.  You will see these being worn by British Airways staff this year.

British Airway 100 years pin badge

As I know these are popular with many people, I have decided to sell this one on eBay.  All of the net proceeds will go to the British Airways Flying Start appeal.

The eBay auction listing is here and you have another five days to bid.  Good luck.

Comments (117)

• Shoestring says:

Should be tax deductible as well: Flying Start, in support of Comic Relief, registered charity 326568 (England/Wales); SC039730 (Scotland)

• Jonathan says:

Not if you’re getting something in return for donation.

• Shoestring says:

But the donor is giving all monies received to Flying Start – and the Ebay sale value is presumably the value of the donation.

• Rob says:

The bidder cannot put in a tax claim.

I presumably can, if Flying Start is UK registered, but if so I will increase the donation to reflect the tax rebate I will eventually get.

• Kieran says:

Flying out of Edinburgh on Friday morning so will give the new lounge a try. Wasn’t the biggest fan of the old No 1 lounge.

• Rob says:

Let us know. No need for a review as I will be up there in about 8 weeks anyway.

• Kieran says:

New lounge is pretty nice, an improvement on old lounge. It’s in the new part of departures and upstairs which means you have a view of part of the apron and runway.

Food offering is still the same so it’s a one slice of bacon roll plus the selection of pastries, fruit etc.

• Globaliser says:

For anyone who’s really interested in the fine detail of BA’s 747 retirements plan, the precise dates in the Airline Geeks article seem to be out-of-date; indeed, they may already have been out-of-date when the article was published.

With help from BA insiders, there is a tracker post on FlyerTalk which tries to keep up with the changes in that fine detail. Currently, this is located at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30493813-post2742.html