Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get Accor Gold status and 10% off ibis hotel stays with ibis Business

Accor offers a paid loyalty programme for regular ibis guests – ibis Business.

You are probably thinking that “I don’t stay much in ibis hotels” and “I don’t stay much on ‘Business'”.  However, some people will get value from applying as I will explain.

Ibis Business review

ibis Business is not free.  There is a fee of £65 for one year, or £119 for two years.  However, there is one key benefit – you receive Accor Live Limitless Gold status.

For some people, Accor Live Limitless Gold may be worth £65 even if you rarely stay at ibis Hotels.

Gold is mid-tier status with Accor and usually requires 30 nights per year.  The benefits include:

free internet (although all UK Accor hotels offer this to everyone)

an upgrade on arrival if available

a free welcome drink

late check-out on request

50% base points bonus (3.7 per €1 instead of 2.5 at most brands)

Here are the other benefits which you get as part of your ibis Business package.  Remember that these benefits are ONLY valid at ibis and ibis Styles:

10% discount on your room on flexible rates, and 5% on all other rates

10% discount on a room for a colleague

10% discount on restaurant and bar bills

early check-in or late check-out

guaranteed room availability up to 48 hours in advance

Even if you only stay at the smarter Accor brands like Novotel, you might find £65 to be a fair price to pay for Accor Live Limitless Gold status and its benefits.

The sign-up page for the ibis Business Card is here.  The home page shows a €90 fee, but when you select ‘United Kingdom’ as your country of residence on the application form, it changes to £65.

Comments (36)

• Richard Ford says:

I don’t really understand the comments about expiry. The terms and conditions state the good membership will be whilst the business card is valid.
    I can’t see how they can cut it off if the Ibis Business membership year doesn’t run to the calendar year for the Accor status.
    I’m assuming this is a standard benefit and if yuh continue the membership after the first year the status stays?

• Lady London says:

Nope.

When my gold status that came with the package suddenly disappeared in January I phoned them and they said Yes that is how it is working and No it does not seem fair but that is definitely how it is working. No fix or followup despite saying they would “look into it”. Well I’ve looked elsewhere. Not by any stretch the first customer service fail for Accor.

• FlightDoctor says:

I’ve got some stays at Accor hotels coming up this summer with the family whilst on holiday in the Far East. I have Silver Le Club status (was originally Platinum when you could do a status match with Hilton Platinum obtained via AMEX Platinum). I think £65 is not a bad price to pay, even if we only get a room upgrade at one of the hotels. So, I’ve bitten the bullet – the application was easy and my Accor App now shows Gold status! Fingers crossed it will be worth it 👌

• Waddle says:

Apologies for the OT (no bits)
    I asked this a few days ago but couldn’t get a definitive answer. I’m trying to book a stay abroad but the Marriott website is only showing in the local currency. I can’t for the life of me find how to change it to £. Does this mean I have no choice but to be hit with the 2.99% FX fee if I put this on the SPG card?

• Alan says:

I think most hotel websites for direct booking are the same – changing currency only shows indicative prices but they still then bill in the local currency (or in some cases USD).

So would either be a case of using a fee-free card or booking via a different route (eg Expedia) that will let you pay in GBP, but then you won’t get enhanced earning rates or any status benefits.

• Nigel Williams says:

Now if only Accor would jump back onto Amex Platinum…..

• Neil says:

The whole program seems rather confusing.

I am currently a standard member and have just spent €170 on a Business Plus (2 year) membership today. I tried to sign up to their Business membership but it wouldn’t work.

I was under the impression that I would automatically be upgraded to gold status but this doesn’t appear to be the case.

The discounts are equally questionable having looked at various rates for members vs non-menbers.

The gold status is the most attractive feature so it would be good to get some information on this.