Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get 1000 Virgin Flying Club miles for starting Tesco Clubcard points auto-conversion

Virgin Atlantic has launched a Tesco conversion inducement.

It seems that Virgin Atlantic is NOT offering a transfer bonus this quarter to anyone who is thinking of converting their Tesco Clubcard points to Virgin Flying Club miles.

There is, however, a bonus of 1,000 Virgin miles for anyone who sets their Tesco Clubcard account to auto-convert future vouchers directly into Flying Club.

Get 1000 Virgin miles for starting Tesco auto-conversion

I do not recommend this, because it makes more sense to keep control over your vouchers and only redeem them when you need to book a flight.  This means that you won’t miss a future conversion bonus or a good deal from another Clubcard partner.

However …. you can turn on auto-convert and then, as long as the 1,000 miles arrive in time, turn it off before the next Clubcard mailing.  There is also no risk in turning it on if you don’t expect to have a lot of Clubcard points next quarter.

Instructions on how to set up auto-convert can be found on the Clubcard page of the Virgin Atlantic website here.

The offer runs until 16th June.

How to earn Virgin Atlantic miles from UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Flying Club miles from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Virgin Flying Club miles.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

Comments (99)

• memesweeper says:

I was already auto-converting to Virgin, remove this, and add it again same day, do I qualify for 1,000 Virgin Atlantic miles?

• LewisB says:

OT – Massive Qatar sale for redemptions, up to 50% discount on premium fares using Qatar miles. Travel between 01/05 – 30/06. Cardiff is at 50% if that is useful for anybody.

• Rob says:

Probably puts the mileage needed on a par with Avios then 🙂

• Yawn says:

My impression from the lounge at Cardiff airport any way is that these planes to Doha are basically empty, so not surprised they are heavily discounting them. Never used them, but the only time there is Prosecco in the lounge is ahead of Qatar flight and no one but me (waiting for KLM) to drink it. 🙂

• Paul says:

O/T – flew to Vancouver on BA85 in PE on Sunday and no IFE for entire journey – lucky I picked up the Times and had a good book instead. Is standard compo for this 5000 Avios even if using a 241?

• Anna says:

I would think it should be more than that. My OH got 5000 avios for not getting any F & B on a 40 minute CE hop from London to Manchester recently!

• Lady London says:

Its a long flight and more would be fair. Suggest you raise complaint on their web page and let us know the result.

• Prune says:

OT , thought I would report that I recently cancelled some BA flights booked with the 90000 promotional Iberia points. They have so far posted back 60000 points (which have been swiftly moved to my ba account). Not too sure whether the rest will post.

• Graham Walsh says:

OT Anyone know a way to search Lloyd’s Avois availability to the US? Need to go next month to Denver and looking for availability. Don’t mind doing a hop across the US. Just want to use the upgrade voucher. Also can you do open jaw with the voucher? Maybe over the phone?

• David says:

Same availability as ba.com – you need seats available in the class you want to sit in. The “upgrade” voucher just discounts the number of avios you pay. Find the seats you want on ba.com, call avios to book.

• Mike Bickle says:

Connected OT. Activated auto convert from Accor to Iberia. Lo and behold all my existing Accor points transferred – thought it was only subsequent points?

So any chance of this happening Tesco to Virgin?

• Shoestring says:

Exactly as expected with Accor auto convert.

But no – with Tesco you are giving an instruction for future points to convert to Virgin. If you don’t want this quarter’s points to auto convert over, hang on a day or 3 longer, there’s no rush and the quarter hasn’t yet been finalised.

No chance whatsoever that Clubcard points already sitting there as vouchers will automatically convert to Virgin.

• Shoestring says:

…and good to know that Accor auto convert can still be initiated from scratch. A lot of us have it already working but – not being entirely thick (it can be very fiddly to get it working) – I guess most of us are happy to let sleeping dogs lie/ leave auto convert doing its job.

There are probably a few people who would like to hear what your method was if you have a couple of minutes to explain…

• Mike Bickle says:

Not sure I’m much help. Anything Accor is an unfathomable mess imho.

I followed the link on Rob’s “Earn up to QUADRUPLE Avios with Accor” page – the can’t find it “via this page” one.

And the option was there under discover our partners and convert.

Sorry this isn’t much help I’m now not able to recreate as the link takes me to my completed form.

• Russell says:

I have a current balance of £142 in Tesco Clubcard points, if i now turn on the auto-convert facility (to get the 1000 bonus) will that automatically convert my existing balance to Virgin Airmiles or will it convert only the points collected in the new collection period?