Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

How to book a low cost ‘day room’ at a Hilton hotel

Hilton has quietly been rolling out its ‘rooms for day use’ offering over the last few years.  This allows you to book a hotel room for the working day – the idea is to compete with the likes of Regus who rent private offices by the day.  The hours offered vary by hotel but usually start at 9am or 10am and end at anywhere between 4pm and 6pm.

Having used many Regus day offices in the past, before HFP got a permanent office, I can confirm that you would often get more space – as well as more facilities – by using a Hilton hotel room instead!

These rooms are very easy to book online.  Simply visit hilton.com and set you check-in and check-out date to be the same.

Hilton London Heathrow Airport hotel Exterior

These rooms are not bargains but are usually in line with what Regus or one of its competitors would charge for an office for a day.  For 19th June in London I found, and this is only a selection:

Hilton London Tower Bridge – £119

Hilton London Paddington – £99

Hilton London Bankside – £124

Hilton London Euston – £99

DoubleTree by Hilton Islington – £80

Hilton London Gatwick – £75 (handy for long layovers)

Hilton London Heathrow Terminal 4 – £84 (ditto)

I know a couple of people who have booked one of these rates in the past.  Both reported that they earned Hilton Honors points and received stay credit although I am not 100% sure that it counts as a ‘night’ for promotional purposes or for status match purposes.  This latter one could be key, as it is cheaper and easier to book ‘mattress run’ day rooms if you are doing the ‘Diamond challenge’.

If you looking for hotel day rooms, there are other specialist sites available which cover multiple brands.  I once used between9and5.com (now dayrooms.com) and paid £59 for the Mercure hotel in Kensington to sleep off a hangover – that story is here.

How to earn Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards (June 2021)

There are various ways of earning Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.

Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as they hold the card?  It also comes with Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.

American Express Platinum card Amex

The Platinum Card from American Express

30,000 points and an unbeatable set of travel benefits – for a fee Read our full review

Did you know that the Virgin Atlantic credit cards are a great way of earning Hilton Honors points? Two Virgin Points can be converted in three Hilton Honors points. You can apply here.

You can also earn Hilton Honors points indirectly via American Express Gold, the American Express Rewards Credit Card and – for small business owners – American Express Business Gold and Business Platinum.

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Hilton Honors points

(Want to earn more hotel points?  Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)

Comments (24)

• Andrew says:

The new TWA hotel at JFK (on-site at Terminal 5) is selling day rooms in blocks of 4 hours. Given that it has a roof top pool overlooking the runway – it might make a good option as an “arrivals lounge” depending on where you are flying in from.

• Dale says:

Used day rate a few times in London and you do get stay credits and also access to Exec Lounge if you are Diamond. So also possible to get breakfast if they let you check in early enough.

• Frenzie01 says:

Slightly OT:
    I have recently booked 2 Doubletree Hilton stays via third party websites.
    Both occasions I have emailed the hotel to add my HH number (Gold status), which they were happy to do.
    My stays then showed up in the HH app and I received my benefits.

Is this normal?

• RussellH says:

A couple of years ago we booked a day room at the CP LHR. My partner needed on final stay to complete her accelerate package, so be fore confirming I got them to confirm in writing that it would be a ‘qualifying stay’. They did and it triggered many 1000s of points as planned.

• Mike says:

I’ve used Hilton day rooms quite a bit to sleep after all-night clubbing.

Had a brilliant experience with the Doubletree NDSM wharf Amsterdam. Paid €47 for a 10-4 day room, recieved a top floor corner room and 6pm checkout as HH Gold!

• KBuffett says:

Sounds very handy if late checkout applies!!

• Rob says:

After BA closed its arrivals lounge at Gatwick (those were the days…) we took a day room for a long stopover at the Hilton a few years ago – good value, but despite being a Diamond it was made very clear that the rate did not count for a night stay for points etc….rule may have changed since…..
    Not sure I would do it again, now that BA’s lounge block is so spacious….

• Mike says:

I’ve always had them credit as stays, and received the 1000 point MyWay bonus if I’m not taking breakfast.

• Lady London says:

Entering same date of arrival and departure on Accor site seems to bring up dayroom rates for Accor hôtels.

Accor is coing further un that they are now offering co-working espaces within a couple of their hotels in Paris. Terms and options on packages available to use these especially on recurring basis for a period seem excellent. I would definitely use these if I was in thé market for a WeGo type opportunity. Definitely approchable prices if you’re in the city on a business trip and neef somewhere to get some work done. There was a very interesting trial option available when i looked.

Accor is also doing new things like sponsoring musical évents And seem to be experimenting wuth selling some rooms at Formula 1 hotels as hostel rooms.

I believe thé new CEO is trying to revitalise thé brand and hope at least some of these succred. The shared workspace si far seems nicer environ ment than many Reguses i’ve used.

• planeconcorde says:

How did you manage to enter the check-out date to be the same as the check-in date on the Accor site? Using https://www.accorhotels.com/united-kingdom/index.en.shtml if I type in the check-out date after pressing search it automatically changes the check-out date to be the day after check-in. Are you using a different URL, or is there an edit trick I am missing?

• Lady London says:

Often done it by accident recently and rates stated as day rates have popped up. Usually using chrome. Dont think i was necessarily even logged in. Had the rates come up a number of times this year.