REGISTER NOW: Marriott’s new Summer bonus points promotion is here

Marriott Bonvoy has launched its second ‘bonus points’ promotion since the scheme launched in February.

You can register here by logging in.

(If you have trouble via that link, try this one.)

Here are the key points:

The promotion is called “Endless Earning”

It runs from 2nd July to 16th September (registration closes 2nd September)

You will receive 1,500 bonus points on every stay of 2+ nights

All 6,700 hotels across all 29 hotel brands are taking part

The 29 brands you can stay at to earn bonus points include: AC Hotels, Aloft, Autograph, Courtyard, Delta Hotels, Design Hotels, Edition, Element, Fairfield Inn, Four Points, Gaylord, Le Meridien, Marriott, Protea, Renaissance, Residence Inn, St Regis, Sheraton, The Luxury Collection, The Ritz-Carlton, Springhill Suites, Towneplace Suites, W and Westin.

Marriott Bonvoy Summer 2019 Endless Earning promo

What is the Marriott bonus worth?

I value a Marriott Bonvoy point at 0.5p.

You earn 10 base points per $1 spent on eligible hotel charges, except at Element, Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites hotels, where you earn five points per eligible $1.  Status bonuses are on top of this.

Assuming a 0.5p valuation, the 1,500 bonus points mean that you are getting an additional return of £7.50-worth of points.

This is not hugely generous, and is clearly more attractive on a two night stay than a 10 night stay.

What are your other hotel promo options?

Looking at the other major chains ….

IHG has brought back a version of its Accelerate promotion.  Everyone gets different personalised targets, although in general they are less generous than they were in Spring.  You need to hit your targets before 31st August.  You can register here.

Hilton‘s latest offer is double points, with extra bonuses for hitting 10, 15 or 20 stays before 8th September, starting with your 2nd stay.  You can register here.

Radisson Rewards is offering 3,000 bonus points per NIGHT until 31st August, although this only starts from your 2nd stay after registration.  I would value 3,000 points at £9 so this is generous.  You can register here.

The new Marriott Bonvoy offer does not compare too well, especially on longer stays.  The Radisson offer is clearly better although it only kicks in from your second stay.  Hilton’s offer is clearly better on longer expensive stays but it is marginal on a short cheap stay.

Register now!

It makes sense to register for this new Marriott Bonvoy offer now.  It runs until the 16th September and registration cuts off early on 2nd September.  Remember that only stays from 2nd July count.

Click here to visit the registration page on the Marriott website.

How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Marriott Bonvoy points.

British Airways running a 'fear of flying' course in London
Review: British Airways Club World on an A318, London City to New York via Shannon (Part 1)

Comments

1. Dominic says:

No ‘from second stay’ rule this time?

• M Todd says:

No, works from from the first stay. That said its so weak there is no wonder all properties are participating and no real conditions attached!

2. M Todd says:

Summer is a time to burn Marriott points as this offer is very weak.

I have usually do 40 plus nights away over the period this promo runs and its useless for long stays and also useless for the single night airport hotel stays on the way to places! I will certainly do some points stays with Marriott but I think I maybe tempted to IHG for the qualifying stays on their status match and Hilton is the obvious choice for longer stays!

3. John Matrix says:

Sucks

4. Apologies if in the article and I missed it but do existing bookings for the period count or only new bookings made from now?

5. Ian M says:

Very weak promotion. It does nothing to encourage me to make any Marriott cash bookings.

6. link doesn’t seem to work. Even going to Marriott.com directly, it still won’t work.

• Holly says:

I have the name problem – nothing shows up when I follow the link from the article or when I log in and look under promotions.

7. Waddle says:

OT apologies. Anyone else having problems checking their BA Amex activity? It could be just me as I cleared the balance yesterday but thought I’d ask as I’m still more than a week from statement date.

• My BAPP account wasn’t showing any transaction details earlier but it’s ok now.

• Shoestring says:

I’ve got transactions on Gold from 15th that are still in pending…

• rams1981 says:

I paid off my Amex 2 nights ago, received email to confirm and yet my balance hasn’t changed online. Wonder if there’s an issue?

8. OT

Flying back from Split today on 241 and unable to check in online, is this normal or is there a potential we’ll be downgraded?

• Shoestring says:

often it’s SSSS – ie you’ll get a random face to face passport check at the airport

• From Split?!

I thought SSSS was a USA special

• Shoestring says:

Somebody better informed than I am could confirm – SSSS also crops up in UK, not sure about Europe but I bet the same random passport check comes up whatever they call it

9. This ‘promotion’ does not seem to exist.

10. Any way to transfer avios to Bonvoy or IHG or Hilton?

Ian

• Shoestring says:

• No, no way out of Avios. This is why flexible currencies like Amex points are more valuable.

• Waddle says:

By this notion Rob would you consider Virgin Atlantic miles to be more valuable than Avios because they convert to Hilton etc?
        The paid VA card earns 1.5miles per £ and every mile converts 2:3 to Hilton meaning every £ spent earns 2.25 HH points; a higher earning rate than Amex. So is the paid VA card the highest rate HH earning credit card on the market at the moment?

• It is the best Hilton rate, yes, although as Amex to Hilton is 1:2 you’re probably better off with a free Amex Rewards Credit Card.

The rate is not great though. If you value a Hilton point at 0.33p then you’re getting 0.5p per Virgin mile. If you value IHG at 0.4p you’re getting 0.4p per Vigin mile. This means, in terms of valuation, it doesn’t change what I think of Virgin.

What is does offer is a ‘get out’ if you find you never get to use your Virgin miles for flights.

• Andrew says:

Have you considered just booking the hotel with Avios?

• Brian says:

Presumably, you wouldn’t get any status benefits if not booking direct.

11. Andrew says:

Bits…

I have a stay booked in a Holiday Inn this Friday night, after the stay I’ll be 250 points short of being IHG “Gold”. Is there any reasonable benefit of being a “Gold” IHG member that makes it worth spending an extra £25 to secure the 250 points and any suggestions on what to spend it on? I’ll be an 11pm arrival, straight to bed, breakfast then on my way.

Just to be really awkward…

I’ve been given a complimentary room upgrade and breakfast following a cock-up with the billing at my last stay at this hotel.
    I don’t drink

The following week, I’ve got 2 points stays booked in MA &CT.

• David says:

10% earnings bonus, perhaps a few points or free drink as a “welcome amenity”, that’s about it. Not sure it’s worth going out of your way to spend £25 on…

Why don’t you just get the free IHG credit card that comes with Gold status though?