It’s been five years since we covered Hilton Premium Club and in that time it has expanded across the Asia Pacific region and been rebranded as Hilton Dining Club Asia Pacific.
The benefits are broadly the same, and could save you a lot of cash if you are planning a trip to Asia. Don’t be fooled by the name, as the Dining Club has excellent offers on rooms too.
Hotels from Hilton’s network in nine countries are participating, although in some territories only one or two are listed.
Thailand, Malaysia, India, Indonesia and China are all fairly well represented. Thailand, in particular, has some excellent participating hotels including the Conrad Koh Samui.
The cost of membership depends on which country and hotel you are joining from. Some are as low as £140 whilst joining in Thailand will set you back over £200. Some benefits are specific to members in that country, so it isn’t the case of simply looking for the cheapest option.
In exchange, you get a significant number of benefits, not least of which is a variety of complimentary stays or meals. Since each territory operates slightly different benefits I will take a look at those available in Thailand. Here are the participating hotels:
- Conrad Bangkok
- Conrad Koh Samui
- DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Hilton Millennium Bangkok, pictured below
- Hilton Pattaya
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
There are three levels of benefits:
- benefits you get at every hotel in the programme
- benefits you get at every hotel in the country you nominate when joining
- benefits you get at the specific hotel you nominate when joining
For example, all hotels offer:
- 25% discount on the total food and beverage bill for 1- 12 persons maximum
- 20% discount off the Easy Cancellation Rate for any room type
In Thailand, all the hotels listed above offer:
- 15% discount off cakes and pastries at all participating hotels’ pastry shop, bakery & deli
- 20% off the following items when charge to your room account during your stay at any participating hotel: room service, laundry, mini bar, internet charges and business centre
- 20% off fitness centre daily entrance fees
- 10% off the annual membership and/or joining fee at the gym
- 20% discount on hotel limousine services
- flexible check-in and check-out time, not to exceed three hours before or after posted times
- a complimentary Spouse/partner Membership
You also select ONE item from each list for your host hotel:
- 1 x Dine and Stay Certificate (one complimentary room night stay plus 50% dining discount) for 2 adults and maximum 2 children
- 4 x THB1,000 Cash Dining Certificates
- 1 x Complimentary Buffet Lunch for two persons
- 1 x Complimentary Buffet Dinner for two persons
- 1 x Complimentary Celebration Cake valid for members Birthday, Anniversary or Celebration
- 10 x 50% Group Dining Certificates valid for lunch or dinner in all participating outlets
- 5 x 40% Group Dining Certificates valid for lunch or dinner in all participating outlets
- 5 x THB500 Dining Cash Certificates
- 2 x Complimentary Bottle of House Wine valid when dining with a minimum of 4 people
- 10 x Buy OneBuffet Get One Free Certificates
- 2 x Birthday Dining Certificates – Receive complimentary entrees when dining in a group of up to twelve (12) people
- 5 x Buy One Round of Drinks and Get One Round Free Certificates
- 10 x 50% off Executive Room Upgrade Certificates, including access to Executive Lounge with complimentary breakfast for maximum of 2 persons and refreshments
To be perfectly honest, there are so many different discounts on offer that it is almost impossible to list them all here.
In Thailand, for example, you also get:
“Four (4) Vouchers for one night in a Deluxe room “City Escape” for 2 people with ABF (valid Mon till Sun) at THB 3,800++ at Conrad Bangkok or THB 3,500++ at Millennium Hilton Bangkok or Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok or DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok. Fully Transferable.
Four (4) Vouchers for one night in a Deluxe room “Beach Escape” for two (2) persons with ABF (valid Sunday to Thursday) at THB 11,500+++ (for a Deluxe Villa) at Conrad Koh Samui or THB 3,500++ at Hilton Pattaya or Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa or THB 3,500+++ at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. Fully Transferable.
Two (2) Vouchers for one night at 50% discount of Best Available Rate for any room type, Excluding Public Holidays for resort properties. Valid at Conrad Bangkok, Conrad Koh Samui, Hilton Pattaya, Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa or Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa.
Two (2) Vouchers for one night at Best Available Rate and receive second night COMPLIMENTARY, Excluding Public Holidays for resort properties. Valid at Conrad Koh Samui, Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok or DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok. Fully Transferable.”
It is hard to imagine not getting your money’s worth if you plan your trip correctly. Study the website carefully first, however, as it is a confusing scheme and you want to be clear what you are getting.
How to earn Hilton Honors points and status from UK credit cards (September 2023)
There are various ways of earning Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
Did you know that the Virgin Atlantic credit cards are a great way of earning Hilton Honors points? Two Virgin Points can be converted into three Hilton Honors points. The Virgin Atlantic cards are the only Visa or Mastercard products in the UK which can indirectly earn Hilton Honors points. You can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: The sign-up bonus on the Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Mastercard is doubled to 30,000 Virgin Points (45,000 Hilton Honors points) if you apply by 2nd October. You receive 15,000 Virgin Points with your first purchase and a further 15,000 Virgin Points if you spend £3,000 within 90 days. Apply here.
You can also earn Hilton Honors points indirectly with:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Hilton points is 1:2.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)