Heathrow Airport and First Bus have launched a new RailAir coach link from Guildford railway station to the airport.
It is timed to connect with fast trains from Portsmouth, Petersfield, Havant and Haslemere. The journey time is expected to be just under 60 minutes. Coaches will run hourly from 3.40am and call at the University of Surrey, RHS Garden Wisley and on through to Heathrow Terminal 5, the Compass Centre and Central Bus Station.
As befits British public transport, the fare structure is suitably complicated:
- £9 for an adult single (app, online, through-ticketed with a rail ticket)
- £16.20 for an adult return (“)
- £10 for an adult single (pay on bus)
- £18 for an adult return (“)
- £unspecified for a ‘two together’ ticket (First Bus app only)
- £25 for a ‘Group 4’ ticket single
- £45 for a ‘Group 4’ ticket return
- Child fares are 50% of the above adult fares
You can find out more on the Heathrow website here.