Amazon Prime Day has returned for the fifth time, with big discounts all day today and tomorrow.
What started as a one off event for Amazon’s 20th birthday four years ago, is now an established annual event where Amazon makes certain items available at big discounts to anyone who is an Amazon Prime member (or who is happy to sign up for a free 30 day trial).
This year it is a 48 hour event. It kicked off at midnight last night and runs until midnight on Tuesday.
In the past we have had a preview list from Amazon of the best deals, but that has not happened this year. If there are any interesting travel products on offer we’ll run through them tomorrow. In general, the best deals are on Amazon’s own hardware products.
Here are the top deals which were showing on the main Amazon Prime deals page here at 00.05 this morning:
- Echo Dot – reduced from £50 to £22
- Echo – reduced from £90 to £55
- Fire TV Stick – reduced from £40 to £20
- Ring Video Doorbell 2 – reduced from £180 to £120
- Fire HD 8 Kids Tablet – reduced from £130 to £85
- Echo Show – reduced from £220 to £160
- Kindle – reduced from £70 to £50
- Fire TV Stick 4K – reduced from £50 to £25
- Kindle Paperwhite – reduced from £120 to £80
This is just a sample. You can see the full list of discounts on Amazon’s own products here.
If you do decide to buy anything, and you visit Amazon via this link, HFP gets a small commission and you can consider your annual HFP subscription paid …..
Bizarrely, Amazon claims that its best selling item in the UK last year was this Bosch cordless drill – I can only assume it was heavily reduced!
(Want to earn more miles and points from credit cards? Click here to visit our dedicated airline and hotel travel credit cards page or use the ‘Credit Cards Update’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)