Virgin Atlantic Sale

See Manchester United and AC Milan in Cardiff with Marriott Bonvoy

Marriott Bonvoy has made 10 football hospitality packages available for points on its ‘Moments’ experiences page. The tickets are for the International Champions Cup game between Manchester United v AC Milan in Cardiff on 3rd August.

The package includes two tickets, “food and beverages” before the game and “great seats for the match” – which are not totally helpful descriptions of what, exactly, is included.

Bidding starts at 30,000 points and ends on the 30th July.

Assuming that you can pick up a package for the minimum bid, you are paying £150 (based on our valuation of a Bonvoy point at 0.5p).  With adult tickets running from £28 to £68, this is a decent deal if they are top price seats given the hospitality included.

Manchester United AC Milan Cardiff

How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card?  It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and Melia Rewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Marriott Bonvoy points.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

Save £125 on Virgin Atlantic flights to Mumbai
Get a 50% bonus when buying Radisson Rewards points

IHG Sale

Comments

1. Gavin says:

OT: I’ve been a bit slow on the uptake with Curve. I’ve finally started using it with my Hilton Barclaycard during the last month, and there seems to be no extra charge for cash or cash-like transactions (eg putting money into an investment account)

Does anyone know which other Mastercard/Visa credit cards work with Curve like this, without any additional charges? Considering Virgin or IHG Mastercards.

2. o/t some advice please.
    I recently managed to book an error fare on united return DUB-PTY (panama) for £185. As I live in Spain I don’t really want to do the return leg and would rather use points to come back to MAD/BCN. I have 80k odd membership rewards points I can transfer to any program and was looking for suggestions from a US hub back to Europe. Can anyone suggest any sweet spots and which carrier to use (I can get direct from PTY-MAD for 50k with Air Europa / IB)? Delta/AA/AF? TIA

• Lady London says:

IB from USA (all their destinations) is generally reckoned to be cheaper in miles and taxes for most. Bearing in mind that you would be able to book an award flight via Iberiaplus on BA or IB and be able to change it. However if you book an AA flight, not.

I do not think you should necessarily be looking for a direct flight – I’d do 2 separte miles bookings one back to a US hub on anything award or cash, and then, leaving loads of time or even an overnight for misconnects as it would be a separete ticket, book an award ticket on IB back to MAD from the US hub.

I’m not an expert but that is how I would plan to solve that one if I’ve understood your question correctly.

3. Shoestring says:

well looks like I just threw away a few quid, enough for a very nice family meal out, put it that way

just bought 3 contingency Ryanair flights out to our place in the sun, non refundable, 24th August, wife +2

basically over compensating/ over planning for the BALPA strike which might not even happen, but if it does, I don’t want my wife to miss out on her holiday

good job yesterday’s news regarding our family finances was positive – as it cushions the cost of this silly ‘preventative’ measure, which I see as the cost of an insurance policy

• Font want to risk using section 75 cover?

• *don’t

• Shoestring says:

that was exactly my argument vis a vis my wife this morning – we’ve got S75 cover, paid for the BA tickets on a credit card

then I strolled around the garden a couple of hours & just thought: for the money, might as well get (her+2) contingency tickets as I can’t see there being many spare tickets on Ryanair that Saturday if BALPA do actually shut down BA

so we missed out on the money for a nice family meal, hey, not so bad

• TGLoyalty says:

Are your BA flights non refundable? Or is the family meal based upon £35*3 refund from cancelling a redemption?

• Shoestring says:

unfortunately we need my wife’s car to be parked at LHR as we all fly back there in September

airport to airport car hire one way to sort out the mess would be about £150, unbelievable how much they charge for one ways

yes I could probably get some points back on the LHR flights out if it came to that

I’m hoping it’s just a nice family meal gone up the swanee and they can get their LHR flights as normal/ no strike disruption

but this way if it goes seats up with BALPA, they can still get out to join me without any big hassle

• We’ve done similar booking LOT and SAS as well as BA just in case. I’m a free agent and staying over a few days is not a problem, but wife was just fretting all the time with the strike news. We have to take care of our churning mules 🙂

• Worzel says:

Blimey Squills-you must have a big garden!

Anyhow, I reckon you’ve made the right decision in putting contingency plans in place (despite the cost) – so much better than being hauled up by the sacs! 🙂 .

• Shoestring says:

hauled up by them would be very painful, all for the sake of this insurance payment

• Shoestring says:

yep about 5000 sq metres

• Shoestring says:

the hibiscus are very fine this year

• Lady London says:

Is there no way to re-use the flights, perhaps with a change fee if it turns out you do not need them? does Ryanair not have this possibility.

• Lady London says:

I have always wondered if every wife of every person on here is actually aware they’ve got an American Express card… !

4. OT: Has anyone had their plat addison lee £10 post? I made a transaction 10 days ago and still no credit…

• MarkH says:

I made a transaction on 6th July and still not had the credit post.
      Spoke to CS on live chat yesterday and they said that they are aware of delays in the credits posting but that they are getting done.

Also confirmed it’s £10 credit per calendar month (a couple of people are asking in the comments recently)

• For me, posted on 22 Jun for an Ad Lee charge billed 14 Jun.

5. OT: BA suspends all flight to Cairo for the next 7 days.

6. Lovelies:

Free night from spg credit card – if you cancel booked room does the certificate get back to your account?

I see the booking itself is refundable but I cant see anything that explicitly states the certificate is added back to your bonvoy ac?