BA sale

Get up to 10,000 Heathrow Rewards points (=10,000 miles) with jewellery, watches and technology

There is good news for Avios, Virgin Flying Club, Emirates Skywards, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Aegean Miles+Bonus, Royal Brunei Royal Skies and Lufthansa Miles & More members!

Heathrow Rewards has launched its annual bonus promotion on electronics, watches and jewellery, keen to tap into the Christmas rush.

This is an excellent opportunity to pick up a large pile of miles.  Dixons Travel is included so this is a good chance to cash in on a new iPhone purchase.

Remember that you can convert Heathrow Rewards points into Avios, Virgin Flying Club, Emirates Skywards, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, Aegean Miles+Bonus, Royal Brunei Royal Skies and Lufthansa Miles & More miles as well as into Heathrow shopping, parking or rail vouchers.

If you are not already a member, you can earn an additional 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points (=3,000 miles, more with a transfer bonus) when you spend £150 in one day via this promo.

Heathrow Rewards

Here are the deals for 2019.  It is less generous at the top end than it was in 2018, when you could earn up to 15,000 points, and the minimum spend to get any bonus has increased from £150 to £250:

10,000 extra points when you spend £4001 or more at APM Monaco, Bulgari, Cartier, Dixon’s, Harrods Fine Watch Room, Rolex, Swarovski, Tiffany’s, Watches of Switzerland & World Duty Free

4,000 extra points when you spend £2501 – £4000 at APM Monaco, Bulgari, Cartier, Dixon’s, Harrods Fine Watch Room, Rolex, Swarovski, Tiffany’s, Watches of Switzerland & World Duty Free

2,500 extra points when you spend £501 – £2500 at APM Monaco, Dixons Travel, Swarovski, Tiffany’s, World Duty Free

500 extra points when you spend £250 – £500 at APM Monaco, Dixons Travel, Swarovski, Tiffany’s, World Duty Free

Note that World Duty Free spend will only count if it is on jewellery, watches and technology products – cigarettes, alcohol, perfume and giant Toblerones do not count!

The offer runs until 31st December.  No registration is required.

I took advantage of this deal a few years ago when I bought my wife a watch at Watches of Switzerland. I then sat on the points – over 20,000 in total, including double base points as I was a premium member of Heathrow Rewards – and converted them to Avios when BA joined the programme. They were offering a 100% transfer bonus at the time, and I netted almost 50,000 Avios if I remember! This was a serious rebate on the price paid for the watch, which was already reduced by the equivalent of the VAT.

Full details are available on the Heathrow website here.

Important dates for your diary - offers about to close which you shouldn't miss
HFP in Doha: Review of the Qatar Airways Premium Lounge at Heathrow Terminal 4

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. NigelthePensioner says:

I took advantage of this deal a few years ago when I bought my wife a watch at Watches of Switzerland. This was a serious rebate on the price paid for the watch, which was already reduced by the equivalent of the VAT.
    But did it offset the duty and VAT payable upon returning with it to the UK??? 🤔

• Lady London says:

Hum. Could have been used goods as and when brought into the uk I suppose.

Or, I suppose Rob could have re-entered the uk wearing his sparkly shoes with 4 inch high heels, his girly diamond bracelet and the sparkly feminine style watch, and with full make-up. No one would have thought to question him.

• Planning Geek says:

I am sure that Rob paid the duty required by law on his return. Have no fear.

• I think the key phrase is “reduced by the equivalent of the VAT”. Most of the shops charge same price to all, so not strictly tax free.

If Rob was going to an EU destination, there’s no problem anyway and if non-EU probably fine.

• I always buy my tax free goods on domestic work trips. Some retailers do not offer tax free prices for EU/domestic passengers – Louis Vuitton is one. Of course from November this might not be an issue…..

2. Does anyone know when the double point bonus transfer to Avios promo will happen again?

3. Are existing members eligible for the “3,000 Heathrow Rewards points (=3,000 miles, more with a transfer bonus) when you spend £150 in one day promo” as I took this last year?

4. Out of curiosity, is Heathrow Duty Free spend eligable for 2 points per £1 on Amex Golf Pref?

5. HR tip: Shopping vouchers can be redeemed for Currys/PC World vouchers at Dixons Travel if anybody has some vouchers expiring or doesn’t know what to spend them on at the airport.

6. Good for those who win the lottery and spot the elusive sports Rolex models when passing through.

7. Mark Beattie says:

Are you sure those are the right earning rates? MY account says:

500 points (worth £5) when you spend between £249 and £500.
    1,000 points (worth £10) when you spend between £501 and £2,500.
    5,000 points (worth £50) when you spend between £2,501 and £4,000.
    10,000 points (worth £100) when you spend over £4,001.

8. TGLoyalty says:

Do you know if it’s cumulative on a single day/over the promo period

ie if I go on a shopping spree and spend £4K across all of the participating stores in different transactions do I receive 10k points? Or through two different trips across a couple months.

9. Louise A says:

The T&C’s mention transaction value. Which implies that it’s not applicable to cumulative spend. Have I interpreted that correctly?

10. Bit of an OT:

I have four members in my House Hold BAEC. I made a hotel booking with Avios that I have decided I would like to cancel. I think I’ll pay £35 to cancel and get all my Avios back.

Question is, if I remove two people from my household account before I cancel the hotel booking will their proportion of Avios that they contributed to the hotel booking still go to them or (having removed them from the House Hold BAEC and the booking being made under my name) will all the Avios come back to me (or be split between me and the one other remaining person in the House Hold Account)?

That hotel booking more or less wiped out their Avios so it would be convenient for me to drop them from the account at this point if all the Avios came back to me.

• I think they go back to where they came from

• Peter K says:

I did this recently for a flight booking I ended up cancelling and the avios went back to the original accounts they came from though removed from the household account in between.

11. OT on the business platinum card does the referral system work the same as personal, the application can be for any card including personal cards to get the referral points