BA sale

BA’s virtual reality experience arrives in Gateshead

The British Airways virtual reality experience, Fly, is opening at PROTO, Gateshead on Wednesday 16th October.

Fly is an ‘interactive, full motion, multisensory experience that traces humankind’s relationship to flying – the first of its kind’.  To quote:

“Through a full-motion, interactive 3D virtual reality pod, visitors will become a time-travelling pilot and navigate their way through aviation history from Leonardo da Vinci’s earliest day-dreams of soaring through the sky as a bird to his ornithopter design, followed by the Wright Brothers’ first successful attempt at flight on Kitty Hawk, to British Airways’ predecessor, AT&T’s, first passenger flight to Paris. Users will also experience travel on Concorde before piloting the brand new A350 and onwards to a vision of the possible vision of the future of aviation. The uplifting experience is a treat for the senses as Fly incorporates heat, motion, wind and scent on the travel through time and the imagined flight of the future.”

We reviewed Fly when it was in London in August as part of the airline’s BA 2119: Flight of the Future project.  Here is Rhys giving it a go:

Trying out the BA2119 Virtual Reality experience

You can book it online at the BA 2119 website here, picking a specific time slot.  It is availble until 17th November.  The price has been halved from the London run, and you will only pay £10 in Gateshead instead of £20!

This is how it looks from the outside:

O2 mobile customers now get FREE airport lounge access if their flight is delayed!
Get 3,000 Miles & More miles with a 2-day Hertz rental

Comments

1. Harry T says:

OT:
    Has anyone successfully used the current amex offer to purchase Harvey Nichols gift cards (Spend £100 or more, get £30 back)? The offer terms say gift card purchases are excluded but I can’t see how Amex would know what you’ve purchased.

2. There were a few comments regarding an Avios deal through life insurance earlier in the week but I can’t find the info. Could anybody point me towards the offer please?

3. Concerto says:

Hertz is just a cluster. Nothing works, so nothing has changed in the 2 or 3 years I have stopped renting cars and found other solutions for my needs. And getting those miles credited? Forget it. They would have to give me upwards of 20,000 for all the hassle and trouble I have to go to in order to get the miles credited. And even that wouldn’t be enough. Having said all that, I did try to push through a booking yesterday and today, but I couldn’t get past the last step, which was to click that I accept the TCs. Total cluster.

4. OT – Is there Virgin CC refer a friend bonus?
    Any link via my account.

5. Octopus says:

OT: Does anyone have a Tandem card referral link they would like to share? I’ll be applying this weekend.

6. Will Marriott £50 off £200 offer work on spend beyond 31st December, if it is a prepaid rate and hotel charges for the booking straight away?

Any feedback is welcome

7. O/T Virgin Atlantic CC upgrade voucher – when upgrading from Economy to Premium Economy are extra taxes due? I think for BA this is the case and hoping its not with VA. Trying to work out the real value of the voucher and if its worth using it or waiting for a VA sale on PE.

• Yes, it would be the premium economy taxes due, so around £470 for a LHR-NYC return in taxes and fees

8. Shoestring,could you please remind us how we’re you getting your Now TV passes so low ?I remember you mentioning of some other offer on top of the current Amex one?
    Looking at stocking up on some Sports passes,now quite sure what will be best deal,monthly or daily(to be used for F1)

9. OT

I have full day layover at AUH airport after flight in Y
    will have priority pass but looking to see what to do in Abu Dhabi during day time?

10. Shoestring says:

I was denied food & booze on my flight out yesterday even though I was travellung in Club.

I do not mind about the food as it is pig’s trough stuff anyway.

But who the hell are BA to tell me ‘I think you had enough already, Sir’?

What are my rights under EC261 legislation?

• TGLoyalty says:

Denied food?

Tbh every club meal I’ve had the past year has been great.

• Lady London says:

Were you.. . er.. trollied? What exactly did you ask for, that you did not get?
      I would have thought that feeding someone would actually help if there were any worries on the part of the crew.

Or, has BA come up with this as a way of trying to avoid telling Club Class passengers BA did not load enough meals ?

I hope you are enjoying your break in the sun, Harry. UK was miserable weather last week.

11. O/T – Do foreign hilton hotels booked and paid online charge in foreign currency?
    Basically am I best using my Gold AMEX to gain 2x points or my Curve linked to Lloyds to avoid 2.99% exchange fee?

• Curve, unless the spend would impact whether you hit the £15k Gold threshold for 10k bonus points on renewal.