Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get 100 FREE Avios points in Iberia Plus for 30 seconds work!

Iberia Plus has launched a competition to promote, of all things, its Infinita ‘lifetime status’ scheme.  Since this requires 125,000 Iberia status points to achieve, something which will take many years, it seems an odd thing to plug via a competition which starts “All you need to do is tell us your superstar fantasy and you will be entered into a draw with the chance to win one of three celebrity trips.”

Luckily, you can forget about all that.

The only thing you need to know is that everyone who enters the competition will receive 100 Avios in their Iberia Plus account.

To enter, you need to visit this special Iberia website.

100 free Avios

Click on ‘Participate’ at the bottom.  Fill in your name, email address and Iberia Plus number.

In theory you are also meant to fill in your idea of something you would like to enjoy on your flight so that you are ‘living the celebrity lifestyle’ (500 characters maximum).   I doubt this is compulsory but feel free to fill in a few words.

Once you’ve completed the form, you see this:

100 free Avios

The rules say that your 100 Avios will appear in your Iberia Plus account in ‘late December’.

If your 500 character story is good enough, you could even win 300,000 Avios to book your ideal trip!

The closing date is 4th December.  The page to enter is here.

If you want to learn how to redeem Avios points via Iberia Plus, to save a fortune on taxes and charges, take a look at this article in our ‘Avios Redemption University’ series.

Comments (93)

• boi says:

OT: Where would people recommend crediting ethiopian economy flights? This is for my sister who is an infrequent flyer. She doesnt collect miles any other way

• pablo says:

Aegean Airlines Miles and Bonus

• Rob says:

I’m sure there is some logic to that (assuming that she will never earn any further miles in the account) but I’m struggling to see it! Use wheretocredit to see who gives a decent rate on Ethopian economy tickets, but I’d be looking for a scheme where I can cash out a small amount for a gift voucher, hotel discount etc.

• Benylin says:

OT: Virgin Miles transfer to Hilton for the first time. How long does it take? Customer service said upto 39 days. Any ideas in reality?

• Secret Squirrel says:

IME 7-10 x days.

• BJ says:

+1 for 7 days although my last but one transfer took about a month.

• Benylin says:

BJ was that your first transfer the 30 day one?

• BJ says:

No, I have done many. Until that point they took around a week. The one that took a month was at the time when Hilton was having lots of issues with crediting people points. I seem to recall a few comments lately suggesting things are back to normal.

• Benylin says:

Awesome thanks… hopefully mine come quick! Have a trip in 12 days 🙈

• Neil Murray says:

Slight thread shift – why is Iberia’s IT so terrible? I’ve just booked four J class tickets from BCN to JNB via LHR. First attempt crashed at the ‘Pay’ point. “Please try again. Don’t worry. You have not been charged.”
    Second attempt went through. Now I have a double booking showing and, oddly, my card doesn’t seem to have been charged for either – unless it takes a few days to show online, which I doubt.
    BA EC couldn’t help as booking included car hire so counts as a holiday, though the phantom booking (oddly) doesn’t include car hire….
    I anticipate a morning on the phone today.