Get 100 FREE Avios in Iberia Plus for 30 seconds work!

Iberia Plus has launched a competition to promote, of all things, its Infinita ‘lifetime status’ scheme.  Since this requires 125,000 Iberia status points to achieve, something which will take many years, it seems an odd thing to plug via a competition which starts “All you need to do is tell us your superstar fantasy and you will be entered into a draw with the chance to win one of three celebrity trips.”

Luckily, you can forget about all that.

The only thing you need to know is that everyone who enters the competition will receive 100 Avios in their Iberia Plus account.

To enter, you need to visit this special Iberia website.

100 free Avios

Click on ‘Participate’ at the bottom.  Fill in your name, email address and Iberia Plus number.

In theory you are also meant to fill in your idea of something you would like to enjoy on your flight so that you are ‘living the celebrity lifestyle’ (500 characters maximum).   I doubt this is compulsory but feel free to fill in a few words.

Once you’ve completed the form, you see this:

100 free Avios

The rules say that your 100 Avios will appear in your Iberia Plus account in ‘late December’.

If your 500 character story is good enough, you could even win 300,000 Avios to book your ideal trip!

The closing date is 4th December.  The page to enter is here.

Save up to 40% on a Priority Pass airport lounge card
See inside the impressive new BA lounge at Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport

Comments

1. Concerto says:

What a job trying to sign into the IB Plus account. Got to download and print a sheet, fill it in and send it to them. I am sure they drive loads of customers away who really can’t be bothered with the faff and therefore save a huge amount of Avios liability, Good strategy and policy.

• Tell me about it. Just a terrible website in general. Impossible to do anything. Had to call them up to sort things out and even then it’s a total nightmare

2. O/T (Related) – I see this in my Iberia/BA account, is this correct –

“You can only move Avios from British Airways to Iberia Plus – you cannot move your Avios back again.”

I did move my Avios from Iberia to BA earlier.

3. Jill (Kinkell) says:

OT as no BITS today.
    hubby has just tried to convert some e-Rewards into avios and the page comes up with the BA logos and underneath is ‘out of stock’ . Anyone else found this? Has it been like this for a while?

On another topic, just filed my case with CEDR for cancellation of a flight (8 hrs before departure) on 11 Sept. BA citing pilot strike and knock on disruption. However, BA did pay out promptly £1051 for a flight delay, missed connection and late arrival.
    Not my luck, just filed another comp. with BA for another cancelled flight last week, arriving eventually into LHR 10 hours late.. BA better not muck up my flights later v this week!
    I’ll keep you posted!

• ankomonkey says:

The e-rewards ‘out of stock’ has been mentioned by a few people on FT (SPAM folder).

• I think this has been mentioned in comments recently.

• RussellH says:

It has.
        And I suspect that it has been the case for longer than they are saying – I tried to transfer 2000 e-Rewards points to Iberia at the end of October and got an error message – insisted I had transferred within the last 30 days when it was many months, as I had been saving up to get Hilton points instead. And still no Hilton points after 5 weeks. The e-mail does now say 4-6 weeks, though the previous Hilton transfer took nearly 3 months
        🙁

• I emailed e-rewards about this and got the following response.

“Thank you for your e-mail..

While we are tweaking a few things to optimize the brand-new website, some reward options may not be available for redemption straight away.

Don’t worry, this is just temporary. Do keep an eye on your account rewards section, as all your favourite reward partners will gradually be made available again.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.”

• Why was he onverting to BA anyway? You get more per point converting to Iberia, then transferring.

4. Thanks for this, very useful for resetting our Iberia points. As Russell H said, you do need to fill in something – minimum 30 characters for the “celebrity whim”.

5. Secret Squirrel says:

OT:
    The insurance deal, how long does it take to go payable after being confirmed?

• Experiences suggest 7-8 months, however I raised a claim after 6 months and got mine. Might have been a mistake as I mended up transferring without a bonus

6. OT: Where would people recommend crediting ethiopian economy flights? This is for my sister who is an infrequent flyer. She doesnt collect miles any other way

• Aegean Airlines Miles and Bonus

• I’m sure there is some logic to that (assuming that she will never earn any further miles in the account) but I’m struggling to see it! Use wheretocredit to see who gives a decent rate on Ethopian economy tickets, but I’d be looking for a scheme where I can cash out a small amount for a gift voucher, hotel discount etc.

7. OT: Virgin Miles transfer to Hilton for the first time. How long does it take? Customer service said upto 39 days. Any ideas in reality?

• Secret Squirrel says:

IME 7-10 x days.

• +1 for 7 days although my last but one transfer took about a month.

• BJ was that your first transfer the 30 day one?

• No, I have done many. Until that point they took around a week. The one that took a month was at the time when Hilton was having lots of issues with crediting people points. I seem to recall a few comments lately suggesting things are back to normal.

• Awesome thanks… hopefully mine come quick! Have a trip in 12 days 🙈

8. Neil Murray says:

Slight thread shift – why is Iberia’s IT so terrible? I’ve just booked four J class tickets from BCN to JNB via LHR. First attempt crashed at the ‘Pay’ point. “Please try again. Don’t worry. You have not been charged.”
    Second attempt went through. Now I have a double booking showing and, oddly, my card doesn’t seem to have been charged for either – unless it takes a few days to show online, which I doubt.
    BA EC couldn’t help as booking included car hire so counts as a holiday, though the phantom booking (oddly) doesn’t include car hire….
    I anticipate a morning on the phone today.