Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Save up to 40% on a Priority Pass airport lounge card

Priority Pass has a new promotion, offering up to 40% off membership until 1st December.

If you’ve been thinking of getting a Priority Pass airport lounge card then this Black Friday offer is, experience shows, the best deal they run all year.

Priority Pass discount

A Priority Pass gives you access to 1,300 airport lounges worldwide, including the Heathrow T2 Plaza Premium lounge (review here), recently voted as the ‘World’s Best Independent Airport Lounge’ by Skytrax and another favourite of ours, the Plaza Premium lounge in Heathrow Terminal 4.

There are three different offers across the tiers of membership:

40% off Standard membership (reduced to £41 from £69) – no free visits, you and your guests pay £20 each time

25% off Standard Plus membership (reduced to £141 from £189) – 10 free visits then £20 for every additional visit or for every guest visit

15% off Prestige membership (reduced to £288 from £339) – all your visits are free, your guests pay £20 each time

Priority Pass discount

The Standard Plus membership is the most attractive here. With this Black Friday offer you’d be paying £14.10 per lounge visit, which is appealing. My personal value benchmark is how much a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine would cost in a terminal restaurant versus the lounge access cost – so £14.10 seems pretty reasonable to me.

It is possible that the Prestige card could be a better deal, but you need to do the maths.  You would need to do 18 lounge visits per year before the Prestige card became better value than Standard Plus.

To find out full details of the offer and the benefits you receive from having a Priority Pass, you can see these here.

PS.  Here is the full list of UK airport lounges which accept Priority Pass, along with links to our reviews.  There are another 1,300 lounges outside the UK too!

Comments (49)

• BJ says:

O/T: Do BP sell gift cards that can be used for fuel and would they trigger the amex offer? Running out of time to use our last two offers.

• Liz says:

We never got the BP offer. Been digging out my notes from last years small shop and checking out the map for this year in readiness for our SS expedition. I kept a note of my Nov/Dec Amex offers from last year and we managed to use BP, Wilko, Morrisons, WHSmith, Superdrug,Healthspan, Dominos and Amex Travel. Offers for us are really poor this year. Managed the Morrisons one and the Red Letter Days for a Murder Mystery night and a couple of Prezzo meals. Slim pickings this year – so far anyway….

• Brighton Belle says:

I spent 2 months arguing with the Brighton HQ their tracking didn’t work. Eventually they paid out claiming a technical problem. This year, Same shop same tracking failure. Amex need to make this stuff work.

• Liz says:

I remember 2 yrs ago I had real trouble getting credits but last year seemed to work like clockwork even though I didn’t get all the emails. Only had to manually claim once when one cafe said they didn’t take Amex after I had put my pin in – they were on the list.

• Sussex Bantam says:

I’ve tried to use the BP offer several times on different cards and it hasn’t triggered yet. I will follow up with chat once the offer is over – no doubt to be told to wait 90 days…

• BJ says:

Mine have all taken about a week. Didn’t receive any enails and the app status changed to redeemed only after tge credit was received. By contrast PO offer is rapid and notifications/status working as they shoud.

• Harry T says:

I think BP garages sell gift cards near me – I reckon the payment should trigger the credit if you pay at one of the fuel stations specified on the list (not all BP stations are eligible). Can’t see how it’s different to me paying at the same terminal for my fuel (I didn’t pay at pump, paid in the station).

• Andrew says:

It’s been a while since I dealt with this element of the Merchant side of things, but from memory filling stations have multiple merchant IDs.

To explain…

My local BP garage is also a Spar. If I buy something from there, but don’t buy fuel the regular LBG offer kicks in. If I do buy fuel, it doesn’t, I use exactly the same till and card reader no matter the transaction.

• Shoestring says:

O/T Tesco coupons are in! £9 off £60 and 2x £6 off £60, nice Amazon discount

I did wonder if they’d focus marketing on the new subscription Clubcard deal…

• BJ says:

My partner got 3x £8 off £40 in the last round while I got 1x £10 and 2x £7 off £70. I also had £6 off £60 from Sainsbury last four weeks but stopped this week. If I get an offer from Tesco today I’ll cancel Sainsbury delivery tomorrow. My local Tesco Extra has refused to accept MOC against branded gift cards last two times I tried. I saw there is 20% off some branded gift cards at Tesco at the moment. All supermarkets will be hiking their prices before Christmas as usual ; looks to me like Sainsbury already has this week, I saw a lot of 5p and 10p increases.

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

I never get Tesco coupons other than the usual 15p off [insert usual butter brand here] type of thing. That might be because we do our weekly online shopping and as such they don’t feel the need to incentivise me but just in case this isn’t the reason, am I missing a trick somewhere?

• Harry T says:

Just got my first ever MO coupons from Tesco and they are for £2 off £20 spend – not worth bothering with.

• BJ says:

Yes, it can do. Suggest you go to Philips own website and if they have the model you want there, sign up as a new customer as the discount for a first order is very substantial (I forget how much but when I used it in the past it was a lot).

• EwanG says:

Alternatively, if you know anyone with the employee perks benefit (which Andrew often mentions) you can do pretty well. Currently 20% off at Philips plus 15% back in points, and they will work together.

• BJ says:

Sometimes just results in a lower rate as opposed to cancellation but it usually states that in tbe terms front and centre too. It would be helpful if they started what these lower rates were.

• Shoestring says:

O/T Which? magazine’s Plane awful: The worst airline meals revealed

• Joe says:

Definitely worth thinking about Santander Select or HSBC Premier in place of this – much cheaper if you can get past their (admittedly obstructive) requirements