We did a piece earlier this week on the ‘Fans of Mandarin Oriental’ loyalty programme. This allows anyone booking a fully flexible rate via the Mandarin Oriental website to pick two additional benefits from:
- early check-in at noon
- late check-out at 4pm
- a dining and spa credit
- daily breakfast
- a room upgrade
- streaming WiFi
- a ‘celebratory treat’
- pressing services (eg ironing!)
I said in that article that I didn’t know how this compared to the benefits available via luxury / ‘preferred partner’ travel agents. Emyr Thomas, who we partner with, dropped me a note to say that any Mandarin Oriental hotel booked through him comes with ALL of the following:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary Breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
- $100 USD equivalent Food & Beverage credit (a small number of hotels offer a different amenity instead of this)
- Early check-in / late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
You get ALL of these benefits if you book via Emyr, instead of having to pick two benefits from the ‘Fans of Mandarin Oriental’ list above, so the preferred partner route remains better.
You can contact Emyr and learn more about his services (which are very highly rated by HfP readers who use him – and he books most of my luxury hotels too) in this article.
Hotel offers update – August 2021:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.