Qatar Airways has launched a week-long sale.
We haven’t seen any pricing at the time of writing, but we’ll give it some extra coverage later in the week.
If you book TODAY, however, you will get an extra 10% off all flights booked via the Qatar Airways website or their mobile app. You’ll need to use this link to the website and the discount code 24HOURS.
The 10% discount is off the base fare, excluding the taxes and fees. For economy tickets, that means the 10% discount will end up being quite a bit smaller, but some decent savings will be made on Business Class tickets.
Qatar Airways has given Head for Points readers early access to this offer ahead of their own email blast at 10am.
Here are the key terms and conditions for the extra 10% discount:
- Promo code is only valid on 7th January and will expire at midnight
- You must use the code 24HOURS to get the discount
- It is only valid to flights booked via the UK website
- This promo code applies to Qatar Airways operated flights only
- Travel period: 8 January to 30 November 2020
As this offer is only valid for flights booked on the UK website and so priced in Sterling, the best credit card to pay with is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. This gives you double Membership Rewards points (2 per £1) on all airline spending when you book directly with a the airline.
There are a lot of other special offers linked to the sale, including:
- Double Qmiles if you choose to credit to Qatar Privilege Club instead of British Airways Executive Club
- Very low-cost Doha stopovers for up to four nights
- Upgrades at the Oryx Airport Hotel
- 25% off lounge access in Doha if it is not included in your ticket
- 20% off excess baggage
Full details are on the sale website here.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (January 2021)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
There are two official British Airways American Express cards:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points, such as:
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.
If you have a small business, we especially recommend Capital On Cap’s Visa card which comes with a generous bonus worth 10,500 Avios:
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for our latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios this month from offers and promotions.)