REGISTER NOW: Marriott Bonvoy launches its Spring bonus points hotel promotion, ‘Elevated Earning’

Marriott Bonvoy has launched its latest ‘bonus points’ promotion.

You can register here.

Here are the key points:

The promotion is called “Elevated Earning”

It runs from 17th March to 14th June (registration via this link is open now and closes 31st May)

You will receive 2,000 bonus points from your SECOND paid stay after registration

Existing bookings count

There is no cap on how many bonus points you can earn

All 7,200 hotels across all 29 hotel brands are taking part

The 29 brands you can stay at to earn bonus points include: AC Hotels, Aloft, Autograph, Courtyard, Delta Hotels, Design Hotels, Edition, Element, Fairfield Inn, Four Points, Gaylord, Le Meridien, Marriott, Moxy, Protea, Renaissance, Residence Inn, St Regis, Sheraton, The Luxury Collection, The Ritz-Carlton, Springhill Suites, Towneplace Suites, W and Westin.

Marriott Bonvoy Elevated Earning promotion

What is the Marriott bonus worth?

I value a Marriott Bonvoy point at 0.5p.

You earn 10 base points per $1 spent on eligible hotel charges, except at Element, Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites hotels, where you earn five points per eligible $1.  Status bonuses are on top of this.

Assuming a 0.5p valuation, the 2,000 bonus points mean that you are getting an additional return of £10-worth of points after your 2nd stay.

What are your other hotel promo options?

Looking at the other major chains ….

Accor Live Limitless is offering up to 6,000 bonus points if you can do 3 x 2-night stays before 7th June, booked by 6th March (two days left!).  You can register here.

Hilton Honors is offering 2,000 bonus points on all stays from 6th January until 3rd May, with an additional 10,000 points for every 10 nights.  You can register here.

IHG Rewards Club has brought back its 4x promotion.  It starts slowly but by your 15th night you will be earning 4 x standard base points.  You can register here.  Bookings must be made by 15th April with stays completed by 15th May.

Radisson Rewards has the most generous offer if you can manage 15 stays by the end of March.  This would earn you 150,000 bonus points, with smaller rewards for fewer stays.  You can register here

World of Hyatt is offering double base points on your stays up to to 15th May.  You don’t get the bonus on your first stay after registration.  You can register here.  Registration closes on 31st March.

In the context of the others offer on the table, the Marriott Bonvoy offer looks OK.  Realistically it is too late to get full value from the Accor and Radisson offers now, and the IHG offer requires a lot of nights before you start hitting the full 4x base points.  2,000 Marriott points beats 2,000 Hilton points.  For a very expensive stay, however, the World of Hyatt double base points offer would beat this.

That said …. given the current state of the global hotel industry, I thought Marriott might take advantage of its ‘last mover advantage’ with Spring offers to really blow our socks off.  Let’s be frank, they need the bookings.

Register now!

It makes sense to register for this new Marriott Bonvoy offer now.  It runs until the 14th June and registration cuts off early on 31st May.  Remember that only stays from 17th March count.

Click here to visit the registration page on the Marriott website.

Marriott Bonvoy Elevated Earning

How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card?  It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and Melia Rewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Marriott Bonvoy points.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

If you missed it, here is our recent article on 10 good reasons to think about getting the Marriott Bonvoy American Express credit card.

LOTS of Avios seats on British Airways flights to the Maldives in Business and First - book quick!
British Airways moves its Maldives flights to Heathrow Airport

Double Rewards
AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. Peter K says:

I only do a handful of stays pet year and I’m sure I’m not the only person that feels these “bonus starting on your second stay” promotions are actually hotels.com/booking.com/other OTA adverts in disguise. That’s what they drive me to do anyway!

2. I thought Hilton offer is from first stay. This would be much better than Marriott promo which is from second stay.

3. Can’t see any mention on whether existing bookings count? (in this article or their website)

4. Ian M says:

Blimey, what a weak promotion.

Earning rates cut on credit card.

Regular big devaluations with all the category changes.

No promotion for a long time and then this poor offering.

5. Freddy says:

Hotels.com for me

6. Nick Burch says:

Is this supposed to be a global promotion, or is it partly targetted?

My Marriott Promotions page is blank, and when I follow the link to register I get

A Note About This Promotion

We’re sorry, but there was an error in directing you to this promotion.

The reason for this error could be:

You’re trying to access a miles promotion and are a points-earner, or vice versa
    You are not eligible for this promotion
    This promotion has expired

• Stu N says:

Wasn’t listed under promotions in the app for me but was able to follow link. Try logging into Bonvoy then clicking Rob’s link?

• Nick Burch says:

Sadly that didn’t work either. Checking FlyerTalk, it seems it isn’t an isolated problem…

Quick chat with the Bonvey team has had me manually registered though!

7. Does anyone know whether cash + points stays are counted as part of this promotion?

8. On topic of Marriott I just cancelled + rebooked for an upcoming stay at St Regis Bangkok as the points rate has dropped significantly (a bargain at 30k a night – cash rate though looks to have increased if anything).

9. Fraser says:

I have an upcoming stay at the AC in Paris, 2 nights on points (before the rate increases) and 1 on cash, hopefully that will count as my first night.

Bad news is the booking is to run the Paris Marathon, and they already cancelled the half marathon last weekend but still give no news about the main event. Will probably just travel and run the route anyway 😉

O/T, I just got an email from Virgin Money: “We’ve made a couple of changes to your Virgin Atlantic Credit Card fees and terms. We’ve removed a fee payable when shopping within the EEA. You no longer need to worry about pesky transaction fees when paying in certain currencies….Good news – you no longer have to pay the 2.99% fee on transactions within the EEA. If you’re visiting or buying from any of the countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) you won’t be charged a fee if you’re paying in Sterling, Euros, Swedish Kronor or Romanian Lei. I”

Excellent news, no need to break out the Curve card while abroad and I’m sure this will now make the fee-paying Virgin Mastercard the best card to use abroad (at least in Europe).

• I hope they might advertise no FX fees in Europe as a feature, I would then for sure apply for the paid version.

• Brighton Belle says:

If you don’t give Curve some of the action you can’t expect them to increase your limits though. That might be a problem later if you want to pay HMRC.

10. Lady London says:

On pri couple o will always avoid participating in a promotion that only counts after second stay. That’s cheap and miserly. I’d put my nights somewhere else.

As usual Accor haven’t solved the problem of their promotion being open to everybody but a number of people including me being told not eligible when attempting to register. Accor agent suggested when I reported this week’s ago that they would report it to their IT and meanwhile I should do the stays and it could be sorted out later. Do they think I’m a fool? After 2 quite bad experiences with Accor failing to sort out problems with their promotions.

Particularly h*cked off with this as I think I’ve been blocked as a result of having signed up for the IBIS Business program which costs money.

11. Link not working for me. Getting same error as others.

• Nick Burch says:

Give customer services a ring / email, seems to be an issue with some accounts, they can force the registration through for you