Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Competition: Win 10,000 Avios as we hit 10,000 HFP articles!

We almost missed this. We have reached a milestone at Head for Points: 10,000 articles!

As we can’t get the team together and celebrate with a bottle of champagne, we have decided to run a competition instead and say Thank You to YOU – our readers.

One lucky reader will win 10,000 Avios that they can use for a post-corona getaway.

All you need to do is fill out the Gleam widget at the bottom of this article and – for an optional second entry – follow us on Instagram.

Win 10,000 Avios

10,000 articles ago ……

When Rob started Head for Points it was a simple WordPress hobby blog and looked a bit/lot different:

Win 10,000 Avios

A simple (free) WordPress layout, no thumbnails, no logo, no advertising (it’s not allowed on the free WordPress service) and only four navigation headings. Rob even called the website a blog in those days, a word we are banned from using now!

His first ever article had the typical WordPress ‘Hello World’ in its URL: https://www.headforpoints.com/2012/05/29/hello-world/

If you’ve got too comfortable with the current logo and website layout, don’t worry.  We are currently working on a revamp of the website – we are using our lockdown time productively! – and will hopefully be able to share the new design soon. Stay tuned.

For now we celebrate the past 10,000 articles:

Head for Points 10,000 articles

…… and you can win 10,000 Avios.

The competition

It’s very straightforward to enter.  Simply fill out the Gleam app at the bottom of this post (or by clicking through to the Gleam website if it doesn’t show on your device) and give us your name and email address.  That’s it.

You will get a second entry to the competition if you follow us on Instagram.

We have neglected Instagram but we are now making more of an effort.  You will be able to follow the Head for Points team on their travels as well as experience events like new seat introductions or Q&As with the big names of the industry first hand via Instagram stories.

If you already follow us on Instagram, you don’t lose out.  Just click through to our Instagram page via the entry form and the Gleam software will automatically count your entry.

The competition ends at midnight on Sunday 3rd May 2020.

The full competition terms and conditions can be found by clicking ‘Terms and Conditions’ but here are a couple to note.  The rules in the entry widget take precedence over this summary in case of any confusion.

There is one prize of 10,000 Avios

Entries are limited to one submission form per person

The winner must be 18 years or older and resident of the United Kingdom

The winner must have a British Airways Executive Club account

You must be physically present in the United Kingdom or Channel Islands for the website to accept your entry

This competition is organised by Head for Points.  Avios Group Ltd is not involved in its organisation and is not responsible for arranging delivery of the prize.

Best of luck!

Win 10,000 Avios as we’ve reached 10,000 articles

Comments (94)

• Ronster says:

Good morning.

Hope everyone is as well as they can be, under these challenging circumstances.

I remember a boring evening in September 2013, when I was looking for meaningful information, on how to make the most of my Avios stash.

I typed in the words “avios advice” and what should appear at the top of my search engine list,…”Head for Points”

It might have not been a Eureka moment but I have been grateful to Rob and the team ever since.

Well done on reaching 10,000 HFP articles

Ronster

• Peter K says:

That’s very similar to me. I had a trip to the US in 2013 and wanted to do more with my stash of 11k avios from it (I thought it was a lot).

I’d taken out the free BA Amex but wanted to know more. I’d also looked on the BA website but was confused about what Avios and Tier points were in connection to each other.

It was about Sept/Oct 2103 I discovered the site and have not looked back since.

• ChrisF says:

Congratulations of a magnificent milestone. Sadly, as I am stuck overseas I cannot enter – any chance of a special category of entrant for those who have no choice but to remain in lockdown outside the UK ?
    I understand that this might not be possible so if nothing else – this is one more comment to push you to the next target, surely, of 500,000 comments !
    Thanks for providing such interesting articles.

• BJ says:

Nice, thanks, and congratulations. I’m guessing I’ve read well over 9000 of the articles so thanks for all the knowledge, entertainment and opportunities HFP and its community have provided.

• Nick says:

Many congratulations to you and the team Rob on a fantastic milestone! It’s nice to have been a very minor part of it too, by contributing a few pics. over the years. 🙂

• Jon says:

You say you’re not allowed to use ‘blog’, yet it’s the first word to appear on the Instagram description!

• Rob says:

Instagram is a different place for a different demographic, which is why we’ve not exploited it much and why I’ve always had to be dragged kicking and screaming by the kids (not my real kids, the HFP kids) to use it!

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

‘Out and about’ may need revisiting though 😉

• Rob says:

Happy to post some pictures on location from my reopened Pret if you like, if you want to see what a post-lockdown Pret will look like (only 15% of the menu available due to distancing measures in the kitchen, food being sold in bulk eg vegetable boxes, milk, coffee and tea bags).

• Alan says:

Lol your real kids are probably pushing for HfP TikTok 😀 Am sure you’d be up for that… 😉

• Freddy says:

Is Instagram where Rob’s gonna be posting all of his bikini pics of him sipping a cocktail on an exotic beach paid for by points

• Michael C says:

Thanks to HfP people, and to all the contributors – always makes for a fun part of the day, scrolling through, and really useful info, of course.

I also love the early-morning postings as I’m an early starter at work – can see how the morning’s progressing by the next “ping” from the following article being published!

• Alan says:

Congratulations Rob and team on this milestone 🎉👍

I’ve been following since the early days (after a mention of the blog from a certain Raffles on Flyertalk 😉) so slightly scary to think how much that means I’ve read! 🙂

Here’s to the next 10,000 – oh and Gleam is far too modern for a competition entry, let’s do it old-school…

1XP