Get 500 free Lufthansa Miles & More miles instantly when you download the app

If you have a Lufthansa / SWISS account, Miles & More – the Lufthansa, SWISS etc programme – gives you 500 bonus miles for downloading their app and logging in for the first time.

500 Miles & More miles won’t get you a ticket in Lufthansa First Class, but they will get you a tiny bit closer.

lufthansa miles and more 500 bonus miles app

How to get the 500 bonus Miles & More miles

The offer is outlined on the Miles & More website here.

Open the App Store or Google Play, search for Miles & More and download the app.

500 miles for downloading Miles & More app

Once downloaded, enter your login details and the 500 bonus miles will show immediately in your account. That’s it.

500 free lufthansa miles and more miles

My last review of Lufthansa First Class service, from Frankfurt to New York, is here – although you’ll need another 90,500 miles on top of these 500 free miles to redeem for that!  The best value Miles & More redemption for a UK resident is probably Business Class to the Middle East, which is just 70,000 miles return.  Remember that Avios wants 120,000 points for a similar UK to Middle East flight.

Full details of the 500 miles offer are on the Miles & More website here.

Why Fine Hotels & Resorts is one of the best American Express Platinum benefits
The new HFP chat thread - Sunday 24th May

Double Rewards
AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. Yorkieflyer says:

Just wondered whether there was anything I can do with my 5500 points?

• Transfer to Heathrow rewards vouchers? Not sure on the minimum amount but it is a way to cash them out.

• RussellH says:

I have just 3800+ miles. Last time I looked they could be turned into an M+S gift card. Poor value, but much more use than a Heathrow voucher if one only goes there about every 18 months

• Lady London says:

they have amazon gc too on the uk website. the selection of gift cards you can convert your mikes to varies by country.

• For a tenner gift card. That’s not bad at all. Just logged in now and found out my 1k miles just expired now I got less than 3k which is not enough for anything. 🙁

2. RussellH says:

Why all this endless focus on apps, rather than a proper computer?

My partner did have an IHG app on a tablet, and I did use it when Accelerate targets included using it. But I never felt safe using it for pre-paid bookings – far too easy to get the dates wrong and no way of checking. Absolutely awful.
    But maybe that was the point?

• Crafty says:

The point of encouraging your use of the app is to familiarise you with starting your journey within their “ecosystem”, rather than on Google where their clicks are payable.

3. berneslai says:

This was a worthwhile reminder. I still have 5k points from the Hilton promo a couple of years ago and the extra 500 allowed me to cash out for a £15 Google Play voucher. Better than expired miles!