Etihad Guest has launched a 60% bonus when you buy miles. This offer is only available until 18th June.
Ths is SUBSTANTIALLY more generous than any other Etihad deal I’ve seen. Looking back over past articles, the bonus is usually 20% to 30%.
The bonus is staggered:
- Buy 6,000 – 20,000 miles = 20% bonus
- Buy 21,000 – 40,000 miles = 40% bonus
- Buy 41,000+ miles = 60% bonus
I won’t go through the numbers in detail as this is not of broad interest to HFP readers. However, if you’ve ever fancied flying the amazing Etihad First Class Apartment (reviewed here, image above) this is a cheap way of doing it.
A one-way flight from Abu Dhabi to London in the First Class Apartment is 88,020 miles + Dhs 860 (£182) of charges. 88,020 miles will cost you $1,120 (£874) so the entire one-way trip will be roughly £1,050. You’ll never be able to buy an Etihad First Class Apartment flight for cash for that price.
You are best doing it TO the UK for two reasons – taxes are cheaper out of Abu Dhabi, and you can experience the First Class lounge in the airport. The risk, of course, is that Etihad doesn’t get its A380 fleet back in the air and those are the only aircraft which have the First Class Apartment.
The 60% bonus runs to 18th June. You can find out more and buy at this page of the Etihad site.
How to earn Etihad Guest miles from UK credit cards (February 2021)
Etihad Guest does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Etihad Guest miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 5,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.
Etihad Guest is also a partner with the HSBC Premier Mastercard (0.5 miles per £1 spent) and HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard (1 mile per £1 spent).