This article has been sponsored by Sainsbury’s Energy
Sainsbury’s Energy is currently offering a strong Nectar points bonus if you move both your gas and electricity supply over to them. How does up to 8,000 Nectar points sound?
If you are a regular Sainsbury’s shopper, there is also an additional bonus which could be worth another 7,000 points per year on top!
Collecting Nectar points with Sainsbury’s Energy
If you move both your gas and electricity over to Sainsbury’s Energy at the moment, you’ll get 8,000 bonus Nectar points for joining on their 2-Year Fix & Reward tariff. That’s £40 worth of Nectar points just for switching.
Whilst the bonus is attractive on its own, there is an interesting extra benefit too for Sainsbury’s shoppers.
As a thank you for choosing them to power your home, you’ll get triple Nectar points on your Sainsbury’s shopping for the life of your tariff. Nectar members usually receive 1 point per £1 spent in-store at Sainsburys, but as a Sainsbury’s Energy customer, you’ll get an additional two points on top of that, which is not to be sniffed at.
(Triple points is for dual fuel customers. If you only move electricity across, not both, you receive double Nectar points at Sainsbury’s.)
Anything to note?
There is a limit on the bonus Nectar points you can receive in-store from Sainsbury’s Energy. You can collect a maximum of 3,500 points on Sainsbury’s shopping per fuel each year. So dual fuel customers are capped at 7,000 bonus points per year – that’s £35 worth of Nectar points.
Until you hit the cap, however, dual fuel customers get 3 Nectar points per £1 spent in-store, meaning more points to treat yourself with. You’ll be spoilt for choice on what to splurge your Nectar points on – have a look here for some inspiration..
Which tariffs qualify for bonus Nectar points?
The 8,000 bonus is only available when you sign up to the Sainsbury’s Energy 2-Year Fix & Reward tariff for both gas and electricity.
The other combinations are:
4,000 bonus points if you sign up for just one fuel for the 2-Year Fix & Reward tariff, or
4,000 bonus points if you sign up for both gas and electricity for the 1-Year Fix & Reward tariff, or
2,000 bonus points if you sign up for just one fuel for one 1-Year Fix & Reward tariff
Remember that if you sign up to just one fuel for either the 1- or 2-Year Fix & Reward tariffs, you’ll get double Nectar points on your Sainsbury’s shopping instead of triple points.
How to sign up
Use this link to visit the correct Sainsbury’s Energy page. All you need to do is provide a few details about yourself and your current energy supplier and Sainsbury’s Energy will take it from there.
Or if you’d prefer to have a chat about switching, you can call them on 0808 196 1705^ and they’ll be happy to help.
Oh and if you’re not a Nectar member already, it’s quick and easy to sign up. Just click here to register.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- Dual fuel customers receive 2 additional points for each pound spent in Sainsbury’s stores (triple points), 1 additional point if you are a single fuel customer (double points), up to a maximum of 3,500 points per fuel per annum
- 2,000 bonus Nectar points per fuel when you sign up for Sainsbury’s Energy 1 year Fix & Reward or 4,000 bonus Nectar points per fuel when you sign up for Sainsbury’s 2 year Fix & Reward.
- Offer requires a residential energy contract for gas and / or electricity on Sainsbury’s Energy Fix & Reward.
- You will be eligible to receive your Nectar points once you are on supply on Sainsbury’s Energy Fix & Reward.
- You need to tell Sainsbury’s Energy your Nectar card number when you apply. It can take up to 30 days from your Supply Start Date to receive your points.
- Nectar Loyalty Ltd award the points from this offer. You will need to link your Nectar card number before the 9th month of the tariff or you may lose the right to claim your additional Nectar points while being on Sainsbury’s Energy Fix & Reward.
- No cash alternative is available. Sainsbury’s Energy reserves the right to alter, cancel or withdraw this offer and/or tariff without notice.
Full T&Cs apply, check the Sainsbury’s Energy website for more information.
If you are currently looking to change your energy provider, this offer is worth adding to your short list as long as the quote you get is attractive. The link to the Sainsbury’s Energy offer page is here, or you can give them a ring on 0808 196 1705^.
Plus – if you are a Sainsbury’s shopper or Nectar member, you’ll get bags of added value through thousands of Nectar points.
It’s also worth mentioning that you’ll get excellent customer service from a trusted brand (it is rated as ‘Great’ on Trustpilot and has 5 star reviews to back this up).
^Calls to 0800 and 0808 numbers should be free from all mobiles and generally free from all landlines. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded for security, quality or training purposes. Lines are open Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
Sainsbury’s Energy is a trading name used under licence by PS Energy UK Limited, (Registered No. 09850654) registered in England & Wales. Registered Office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehall Way, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 6PB. PS Energy is a wholly owned subsidiary of Npower Limited (Registered No. 3653277) Registered Office: Windmill Hill Business Park, Whitehall Way, Wiltshire, Swindon, SN5 6PB.