Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Hilton’s luxury brands offering ‘3rd night free’ for hotel stays in Europe

Hilton has extended its ‘3 for 2’ offer for its most luxurious hotels in Europe.  Even better, this can be combined with the extra benefits that come via Hilton’s Impressario scheme for luxury travel agents.

The participating hotels are:

• Waldorf Astoria Versailles
  • Rome Cavalieri, a Waldorf Astoria hotel
  • Waldorf Astoria Berlin
  • Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh, The Caledonian
  • The Biltmore Mayfair
  • Conrad Dublin
  • Conrad London St James
  • Conrad Algarve (‘five nights for four’)

The offer is now valid for stays booked and completed by 31st December.  It was originally due to end on 30th September.

Conrad Algarve Portugal

You CANNOT book this offer via the Hilton website – you need to use a ‘preferred partner’ travel agent.  If you book via our hotel booking partner Emyr Thomas, you will also receive additional Hilton Impressario benefits:

• Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
  • Complimentary breakfast for two daily for duration of the stay
  • $100 equivalent food & beverage credit
  • Early check-in / late check-out, subject to availability
  • double Hilton Honors points

You can contact Emyr via the form on this page of Head for Points.  You pay the same rate as the Best Flexible Rate shown on hilton.com, adjusted for ‘3 for 2’.

Comments (19)

• BJ says:

Thanks, been waiting for something like this, I have LNER vouchers to use and want to collect more Hilton points too. Finally got my DT KGX-Angel redemption for next spring that I have been tracking for a few months. 150k points for 5 nights in a good midrange hotel with business lounge, and reportedly good on status recognition. Would obviously not be my preferred option on location but arriving and departing KGX in combination with reviews and value it works well for me.

• Erico1875 says:

so based on me booking Edinburgh Caladonian, would my upgrade from booked King Premier be to King Premier Castle View (same room, better view) or to Queen Junior Suite or maybe even King Junior suite ?

• Rob says:

Given the current dead market, Emyr may be able to ask the hotel to guarantee you a specific upgrade at time of booking.

• Jonathan says:

Depends on occupancy but the castle view would technically be an upgrade. If you want a suite you need to book the highest possible category below a suite (& check there’s no restriction on suite upgraded in T&C’s). One of the benefits of using an agent is they should be able to advise/confirm.

• TripRep says:

I’ve stayed in a prem double with Castle view and an interior King June suite.

The castle view is really nice if you’re new to EDI

• Andrew says:

The Castle view is really good if you are a tourist to Edinburgh, it’s great waking up to it whether it a bright spring morning or foul Scottish day.

But, there’s a downside. You are on top of Lothian Road so, like most cities, if you are there for a few months for work it’s often better to have an inside room.

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

The Sheraton has great castle views but is set back from Lothian road.

• BJ says:

I’ll just slip in here for the benefit if those looking for Edinburgh views at the budget end, you want Travelodge Central Princes Street. I cannot remember the room numbers but there are two rooms on the top floor boasting two floor to ceiling windows that afford what is probably the best view of the city of any hotel. I put guest up in them (I’m not as generous with my points as Rob) some years ago soon after the hotel opened and views were amazing.

• Anna says:

We stayed in the Queen St one years ago when our son was small, they gave us an absolutely huge room in the basement. It was tremendous value for a family.

• Erico1875 says:

Thanks all. I live just outside Edinburgh and work all over Edinburgh, so castle view is not really a priority as i see it daily. The Junior Suite would be my preference.
      Im also looking at maybe Berlin.

• qrfan says:

What does “best flexible rate” mean at the moment given the far more lenient cancellation terms on new bookings? Every rate I see quoted by Hilton direct has free cancellation, but the “Dream away” rate is EUR70 per night cheaper than the “Flexible rate”. Does the “Dream away” rate count as the best flexible rate?

• Harry T says:

Dream Away is a promotional rate, I believe.

• qrfan says:

Thanks. So this is not 3 for 2 in any meaningful sense then, given Dream Away offers full cancellation rights? More like (in my example for Rome) 50% off the third night, given I’d be paying EUR140 more for the first two nights and the room is EUR280?

• Lee says:

Is this the same as Amex Travel offer?

• Rh says:

I love the Conrad Algarve – great for the kids too!

• barnaby100 says:

We are there now and apparently they are at capacity.
      Rush of bookings last Thursday
      Getting flights seems to be an issue for some

• tony says:

Here’s an interesting play on the 3rd night free gig – https://www.dorsetthotels.com/en/dorsett-city-london/offers/around-the-world-with-dorsett-staycation-package.html

I could find a 2 night stay at the Aldgate hotel for £150 or so. There’s presumably an arbitrage available here, although the situation is slightly muddied by the fact you need the voucher to see the terms (and that we have no idea where travel may be permitted in the coming months…)