British Airways has finally made an announcement about On Business, its loyalty scheme for SMEs.
(If you have your own business and you’re not an On Business member, you can read our full review here. It is a no-brainer, since you earn On Business points on top of your usual Avios.)
This is what has been announced:
- your status will roll over for 2021, irrespective of how much spending you do in 2020
- tier thresholds have been cut by 40% – ON2 now requires £18,000 of BA spend whilst ON3 requires £180,000
- no points will expire on 31st December 2020 – expiry has been pushed back to 30th June 2021
- if you take a BA cash flight between now and 31st March 2021, the expiry date of points due to expire on 31st December 2020 will be pushed back to 31st December 2021
The latter one is important, because On Business points have a ‘hard’ expiry date. Irrespective of your activity, points still expire after three years if not used.
You find out more on this page of the BA website.
If you are an On Business member, you can now earn additional On Business points via the new British Airways Accelerating Business American Express credit card. You can learn more in our BA Accelerating Business review here.
Sign-up bonus and earnings rate:
- Get 2,200 On Business points when you spend £3,000 within 90 days
- Earn 1.5 Avios per £1 spent
- Receive 3,000 bonus On Business points when you spend £20,000 in a card year
- Get 50% bonus On Business points on BA flights purchased with the card
- Annual fee: £210
Representative 80.3% APR variable based on an assumed £1,200 credit limit and £210 annual fee. Interest rate on purchases 22.2% APR variable.
There are no restrictions on receiving the sign-up bonus on the British Airways Accelerating Business American Express credit card.
You will receive the bonus irrespective of what other business or personal American Express cards you hold.
The card comes with the typical American Express credit card benefits:
Up to 56 days to pay
Up to 99 FREE supplementary cards for your employees
Travel inconvenience cover (with higher payouts if you or your baggage is delayed on a British Airways flight)
Travel accident protection
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (April 2021)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
There are two official British Airways American Express cards:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points, such as:
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.
If you have a small business, we especially recommend Capital On Cap’s Visa card which comes with a generous bonus worth 10,500 Avios:
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for our latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios this month from offers and promotions.)