Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

How to earn Avios with Cruise118

Cruise118 became an Avios partner last year.  Long term readers will remember that they sponsored a competition on Head for Points in January to win 100,000 Avios!

We haven’t done a huge amount about cruising on Head for Points, but we know that it’s a popular holiday choice for many readers.  Let’s see if Virgin Voyages lets us try out their new vessels!  If you or a family member are considering a cruise, it could be a lucrative way of earning additional Avios.

Avios Cruise118

How earn Avios with Cruise118

Cruise118 offers you 3 Avios for every £1 spent which is an attractive earn rate.

For example, a 10 day cruise around Italy and the Med on the luxury cruise operator Regent Seven Seas could earn you over 18,000 Avios per person.

Is there any small print?

Some.  Initial enquiries must be made via the Avios landing page here with the final booking being made with the call centre.

Avios will be credited within six weeks of your departure date.  The name on the Avios account must match the name of the lead booker.

How is Cruise118’s pricing?

The company claims that “Our relationship with the cruise lines gives us access to all the best deals and discounts, including exclusive offers that you won’t find elsewhere.”

However, the T&Cs say:

1. The rates for Cruise bookings via cruise118.com/britishairways may differ from regular bookings with the same conditions on cruise118.com

I would therefore recommend comparing the price you see at the Avios Cruise118 site here with their main site here.

Who does Cruise118 work with?

You can book virtually all major cruise brands via Cruise118.

This includes Royal Caribbean, Princess, MSC, Oceania, Silversea, Celebrity Cruises and Fred Olsen.

Earn Avios with Cruise118

In reality, it is difficult to know how well Cruise118 pricing compares to other agents.  However, if you are thinking about a cruise, it takes very little time to see what they have to offer and how the prices matches up.

You can visit their website here to find out more.

Comments (9)

• Tracy Regan says:

Just a word of caution. I booked with Cruise118 for a MSC cruise that should have sailed in July 2020. Fortunately MSC cancelled before I paid the final balance. However, they promised my deposit back by September 2020. I heard nothing from them and their answerphone said they could only speak to anyone sailing within 14 days. I’ve taken out a Section 75 with Amex. Suffice to say I won’t be using Cruise118 in the future!

• Alan says:

I was about the post to say the same thing- MIL had a cruise booked and is now finding that communication with Cruise118 is not easy currently. They will likely go down the S75 route soon also.

• Kevin Fisher says:

Same here. I had to involve Amex. Wouldn’t touch this agent again as impossible to deal with. Atrocious customer service.

• Ramones says:

I had an issue with Cruise 118 a few years ago and their customer service was terrible. Definitely the worst travel company I have ever dealt with.

• MikeL says:

Regent seven seas !. Picked a high end cruise line as your example Rob. Cruising is dead until at least next summer / winter. Many experienced cruisers are writing off next year until the industry comes to terms with Covid. There’s so many variables to consider at the moment. I have 17 cruises under my belt and it’s way too early to consider a cruise at this time. Read some of the Cruise forums before booking anything. Best one for information is cruise.co.uk I’ve never booked with cruise118 so can’t comment on how good / reliable they are.

• Paul says:

I was looking at a Cunard cruise next year but have been put off by the need to wear masks in all public areas. I understand the need but £8000 for 7 days and wearing a mask is just not fun.

• RussellH says:

Not directly cruise 118, which I have never tried, but if anyone were to be interested in an offering from CroisiEurope (we were supposed to be on a 4 night river cruise to Beaujolais NOW), there are significant savings to be had using their French site (.com, rather than .co.uk).
    You have to use a VPN to France to see the French prices and book them, but as the actual number of EUR required is less than the number of GBP, you save around 15%.

We had to pay in full for this years cruise before they would transfer the booking to next year, but they have booked for next year at this years price, which saves around €40.

• Dawn says:

I was about to book after seeing the last HFP about Cruise 118 at least a year or so ago. After talking with them and nearly signing up for a cruise form Barbados to Miami, I didn’t get a good feeling about them and so changed my mind. I’m glad I did looking at the comments above.

• JR says:

I have had a quote in the past from 118 but chose a much lower price with ‘The Cruise Specialists’, this company gives me an extra 5% discount, plus I can pay with AMEX.