There are three decent ‘buy points’ offers closing today for major hotel programmes.
Your options are:
- 100% bonus when you buy Hilton Honors points – buy here
- 75% bonus when you buy IHG Rewards Club points – buy here
- 25% discount, equivalent to a 33% bonus, when you buy World of Hyatt points – buy here
Does buying points make sense?
Yes, at the right time in the right place.
Here is proof. I bought Hilton Honors points for our stay at Waldorf Astoria Dubai The Palm this week, image below.
The cash rate was £655 per night including tax and service – and we needed two rooms for five nights! Christmas and New Year on the beach doesn’t come cheap.
On points, it was 64,000 Hilton Honors points per night. The headline rate is 80,000 points per night but the average reduces due to the ‘five for four’ deal that elite members get. With the current 100% bonus, 64,000 points cost me $320 or £236 per night. I saved 64% on the cash price by buying points.
Over the five nights we were there, for two rooms, we spent £2,360 instead of £6,550 by purchasing points. We also got free breakfast due to our Hilton status (I have Diamond via stays, my wife has Gold via Amex Platinum) which saved another £80 per day and negotiated a 3pm check-out due to my Diamond status.
Hotel offers update – November 2022:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- Hilton Honors is offering a 100% bonus when you buy points by 22nd November 2022. Click here to buy.
- IHG One Rewards is offering a 100% bonus when you buy points by 29th December 2022. Click here to buy.
- Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 25% discount when you buy points by 20th December 2022. Click here to buy.
- World of Hyatt is offering a 25% bonus when you buy points by 28th November 2022. Click here to buy.