Manhattan hotel closures accelerate
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
According to pwc’s Manhattan Lodging Report, 11 New York hotels closed for good in the 2nd half of 2020.
To be honest, this doesn’t seem too bad – although it will be a while before we know how many hotels never get around to opening their doors again. It is also possible, of course, that a new investor may reopen some of the hotels which have closed, although it is clear that some capacity needs to come out of the market.
The closures in the second half of 2020 were:
- 1,015-room Roosevelt Hotel
- 876-room Hudson Hotel
- 480-room Novotel Times Square
- 460-room Hilton Times Square
- 196-room Salisbury Hotel
- 132-room AKA Wall Street
- 109-room Marmara Manhattan
- 102-room Best Western Bowery Hanbee
- 100-room AKA Tribeca
- 95-room AKA United Nations
- 60-room Comfort Inn Manhattan Bridge
Hotel offers update – March 2023:
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.
Want to buy hotel points?
- IHG One Rewards is offering an 80%-100% bonus when you buy points by 21st March. Click here to buy.
- Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 40% bonus when you buy points by 3rd April. Click here.
- World of Hyatt is offering a 25% bonus when you buy points by 25th March. Click here to buy.