Virgin Atlantic is returning its Upper Class meal service to something resembling normality.
Effective immediately, individually plated meals are returning to Upper Class, along with welcome drinks.
(Oddly SWISS and Emirates had no difficulty serving virtually their standard business class meals when I flew with them in December, but …..)
Here is a typical Upper Class meal service for March:
Welcome drinks upon boarding
Drinks and snacks after takeoff
- Mozzarella and tomato salad with micro basil and cress (v), or
- Ciabatta roll with butter
- Roasted chicken breast, potato purée, sautéed spinach, girolles mushrooms, Bourguignon sauce or
- Artichoke tortellini (v) with wilted spinach, grilled artichokes and sage butter sauce or
- Roasted salmon fillet, lemon and spring onion giant couscous, grilled baby courgettes and chervil sauce
- Coconut lemon tartlet or
- Seasonal fresh fruit or
- Cheddar, Brie, and Stilton with crackers
Second meal service
Eric Lanlard Mile High Tea, including
- West country cheddar and carrot chutney on malted roll and Mediterranean falafel wrap
- Scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam
- Raspberry glazed éclair, salted caramel vanilla tart and cherry macaron
Deli dish, including
- Chicken terrine, spiced cauliflower and braised pineapple
- Chocolate gateau
Lighter option, including
- Asian-style glass noodle salad, seaweed and charred pineapple
- Fresh fruit salad
- Full breakfast including chicken sausage, turkey rashers, scrambled eggs, baked beans, herb potatoes, roasted tomato and mushrooms, or
- Vegetarian cooked Breakfast including cheddar cheese omelette, mushroom, hash brown and vine roasted cherry tomatoes, or
- Mini apple pancakes with creme anglaise and apple cinnamon compote
How to earn Virgin Points from UK credit cards (December 2023)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
You can choose from two official Virgin Atlantic credit cards (apply here, the Reward+ card has a bonus of 15,000 Virgin Points):
You can also earn Virgin Points from various American Express cards – and these have sign-up bonuses too.
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold is FREE for a year and comes with 20,000 Membership Rewards points, which convert into 20,000 Virgin Points.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive 30,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 30,000 Avios) with American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. You receive 25,000 points if you spend £3,000 in three months and a further 5,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
The Platinum Card from American Express comes with 30,000 Membership Rewards points, which convert into 30,000 Virgin Points.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive a huge 100,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 100,000 Avios) with The Platinum Card. You receive 75,000 points if you spend £10,000 in six months and a further 25,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
Small business owners should consider the two American Express Business cards. Points convert at 1:1 into Virgin Points.
(Want to earn more Virgin Points? Click here to see our recent articles on Virgin Atlantic and Flying Club and click here for our home page with the latest news on earning and spending other airline and hotel points.)