Radisson has brought back its impressive £89 London hotel flash sale for the next three days.
You need to book by midnight on 26th March. The website says that the offer runs “until 27th March” but apparently this is poor phrasing. It is a 72-hour sale covering the 24th-26th March.
Full details can be found here.
We covered this deal last week when it first ran. I make no excuses for covering it again, because it has turned out to be the most successful hotel offer we have ever written about.
There is literally nothing to dislike about this deal:
- the £89 price is great for high-end four star hotels
- bigger rooms are available for a modest premium over the standard £89 price
- it is valid for stays over a five month period, from 17th May to 30th September
- you do NOT need to pre-pay your booking
- you can cancel your booking up to 48 hours before arrival
You need to book via this page of the Radisson Hotels website. The standard home page will not work.
Which Park Plaza hotels are taking part?
Four London hotels are taking part. Park Plaza Westminster Bridge (ie ‘the big round one in the middle of the roundabout’) is not included, but Park Plaza County Hall directly opposite is.
The four hotels are:
- Park Plaza County Hall (image above)
- Park Plaza Riverbank (image below)
Click the links above to learn more about each property.
Park Plaza Riverbank IS now bookable for £89. There were problems with the booking system last week and the offer usually refused to show up.
‘Which hotel is best?’ has no easy answer. County Hall is the best located if you want to be walkable to tourist attractions. Waterloo is the newest but is actually further from Waterloo tube than County Hall. Riverbank has – for a premium – rooms with kitchenettes and good value suites but is further from the action.
Don’t forget your status benefits too
If you have American Express Platinum, you receive Gold status in the Radisson Rewards programme.
This will get you extra benefits on your stay as you can see here, including:
- 15% discount on food and drink
- in-room welcome gift
- two bottles of mineral water
- room upgrade if available at check-in
- can request (but may not get) early check-in and late check-out
If you have American Express Platinum but have not activated your Radisson Rewards Gold status, you can do it via this page of the Amex website. Note that this page has been misbehaving in the last couple of days and you may just see a blank logo ….
If you don’t already have a Radisson Rewards account, I recommend opening one first via this link and giving the number to Amex. If you let Amex open an account for you, you run the risk of never finding out your membership number.
This is an excellent deal, given that the four hotels are well regarded.
As one reader said to me last week when he had made a booking, the Kings Cross Travelodge (“the worst hotel I have ever stayed at” he said) was £105 for the date he needed. A Park Plaza for £89 was a no-brainer.
If you think you may be in London before the end of September, you might want to lock in a booking. You do NOT pre-pay and can cancel up to 48 hours before arrival. If prices spike with a surge of Summer travel you will feel smug, and if they collapse to rock bottom you can cancel and go somewhere else.
Bookings must be made via this page of the Radisson website by Friday night.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (October 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes. 30,000 points is a special offer which runs to 9th November 2021.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 60,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 180,000 Radisson Rewards points. 60,000 points is a special offer which runs to 2nd November 2021.
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)