UPDATE – DECEMBER 2022: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Radisson Rewards has launched a Summer promotion as you can see here.
It is fairly weak, however, and I wouldn’t even think of diverting a stay to Radisson to take advantage. Of course, if you are staying in one of their hotels anyway then you should register – although existing bookings made prior to registration do not count.
Participating brands are listed as Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson, and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson hotels. The new Radisson Individuals brand is not listed.
Here are the terms:
- You will earn 1,000 bonus Radisson Rewards points per night
- You must stay betweeen now and 30th September
- Existing bookings do not count
I value a Radisson Rewards point at 0.33p. This means that the bonus is worth an extra £3.33 per night.
This is OK if you are on a £50 Park Inn stay but hardly moves the dial if you are spending £250 at a Radisson Collection property.
You should also note that:
“Points will be awarded to accounts within 60 days after the end of the promotion (by November 30, 2021).”
The rules says that the offer is valid worldwide. However, since Radisson Rewards Americas now has its own separate loyalty scheme, this may not be correct and I wouldn’t rely on receiving it for any trip to North America.
Don’t forget to register via this page of the Radisson website before booking.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points and status from UK credit cards (December 2022)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.
These cards earn Membership Rewards points:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with four free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Premium status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)