With Dubai now added to the Amber travel list, allowing fully vaccinated travellers to visit without quarantine on their return, British Airways Holidays has added Dubai to its current beach sale.
There are also extra discounts available on holidays to Dubai, Germany and France. The savings are:
- Save £200 on holiday package bookings with a total cost of £5,000
- Save £100 on holiday package bookings with a total cost of £2,500
- Save £50 on holiday package bookings with a total cost of £1,000
You need to book by 18th August and complete your travel by 31st October. This would include half term for children in England if you are considering a beach break.
You can find full details on the BA Holidays website here.
This HfP article outlines the benefits of using BA Holidays versus booking a cash flight and hotel separately. These include:
- only pay a deposit, which can be as low as £60, now with the balance not due until nearer the date of travel
- 1 bonus Avios for every £1 spent at BA Holidays on top of the usual Avios earned from your flights
- double Avios (3 per £1) on your payment if you use the British Airways Premium Plus American Express card
- double tier points on your flight if your holiday is completed by 30th September – small print here
- lounge access and Fast Track at Heathrow if you spend over £1,500 per person on an Economy flights package (travel by 30th September) – small print here
- First Wing and Galleries First access at Heathrow if you spend over £2,500 per person on a Club World holiday (travel by 30th September) – small print here
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (January 2022)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
There are two official British Airways American Express cards with attractive sign-up bonuses.
There are special sign-up bonuses on both of the BA American Express cards until 28th February 2022. The bonus on the free card is doubled to 10,000 Avios and the bonus on the Premium Plus card is increased from 25,000 Avios to a huge 40,000 Avios.
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points, such as:
Run your own business?
We recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card, along with a sign-up bonus worth 30,000 Avios.
30,000 Avios is a special offer which runs to 4th February 2022.
You should also consider the British Airways Accelerating Business credit card. This is open to sole traders as well as limited companies and has a 30,000 Avios sign-up bonus:
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for our latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios this month from offers and promotions.)