This article is sponsored by British Airways
British Airways has launched its Black Friday deals, with both flight and holiday savings to be made.
There are no Club World or First Class flight deals, although there are some good World Traveller (economy) fares to the US, especially as flights to the US in general are quite expensive at the moment. The headline offer from BA is “20,000 seats to New York, Boston and Philadelphia for £299 pp return” which is a very attractive price.
If you are looking for a Business Class deal, you should look at British Airways Holidays. As well as making a saving, you would also qualify for DOUBLE tier points if you book for 5+ nights for a holiday before 31st March 2022.
What deals are British Airways Holidays offering for Black Friday?
British Airways Holidays is offering up to £300 off holiday packages to any destination, available on trips taken any time before 20th October 2022.
Take a look at their home page here.
Your saving is based on what you spend:
- Spend £10,000 on a flight + hotel package and save £300 per booking
- Spend £5,000 on a flight + hotel package and save £200 per booking
- Spend £2,500 on any holiday package and save £100 per booking
- Spend £1,250 on any holiday package and save £50 per booking
- Spend £650 on a flight + car package and save £25 per booking
Additionally, you can save up to £200 on bookings for all-inclusive holidays in selected Caribbean and European destinations, including AMR Collection hotels in Corfu, Cancun and the Dominican Republic.
Here is a selection of the deals available, based on Economy flights:
- Philadelphia – three nights at the 4* Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown from £429 pp, travelling on selected dates between 1st January – 31st January 2022 inclusive
- Barcelona – two nights at the 4* Attica 21 Barcelona Mar from £119 pp, travelling on selected dates between 1st December – 31st January 2022 inclusive
- Lisbon – two nights at the 4* Zenit Lisboa, from £119 pp, travelling on selected dates between 1st December – 27th May 2022 inclusive
- Nice – two nights at the 4* NH Nice from £119pp, travelling on selected dates between 1st December – 31st January 2022 inclusive
- Dubai – three nights at the 5* Sofitel Dubai The Palm from £649 pp, travelling on selected dates between 1st June – 30th June 2022 inclusive
- Barbados – seven nights at the 4* South Beach Resort, from £899 pp, travelling on selected dates between 1st June – 30th June 2022 inclusive
- All-inclusive St Lucia – seven nights at the 4* Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa from £1189 pp, travelling on selected dates between 1st June – 30th June 2022 inclusive
You will receive DOUBLE British Airways Executive Club tier points too
One of the most attractive promotions currently running from any travel company is the BA Holidays ‘double tier points’ offer.
If you book a ‘flight and hotel’ or ‘flight and car’ package for 5+ nights via BA Holidays, for travel completed by 31st March 2022, you will receive double tier points on your flights.
This could be hugely attractive. For example, until a date to be announced in June 2022, you only need 450 Executive Club tier points for Silver status, which gets you lounge access.
You could get this in one trip. For example, booking Manchester to Corfu in Club Europe, you would get (40 + 80 + 80 + 40) x 2 = 480 tier points. You get a holiday and up to 25 months of BA lounge access and free seat selection, depending on how you time it.
Full details of the ‘double tier points’ offer can be found on BA Holidays here.
Don’t forget the other benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays
As well as saving money versus buying your flights and hotel separately, there are some other attractive benefits of booking with British Airways Holidays which you may have forgotten about:
- earn double Avios (3 per £1 spent) from Amex when you pay with a British Airways American Express Premium Plus card
- earn 1 Avios per £1 spent at BA Holidays -this is on top of the Avios you earn on your flights plus the Avios you will earn if you pay with a BA American Express card
- you can secure your trip with a small deposit now and pay the balance nearer the date of travel
- BA’s ‘Book With Confidence’ policy gives you flexibility if you voluntarily choose to delay your trip
The British Airways Black Friday sale is available on bookings made before 30th November 2021 and valid on travel until 20th October 2022. To receive double tier points, you need to travel by 31st March 2022.
Find out more on the BA Holidays home page here.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (November 2022)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
In February 2022, Barclaycard launched two exciting new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard cards with a bonus of up to 25,000 Avios. You can apply here.
You qualify for the bonus on these cards even if you have a British Airways American Express card:
There are two official British Airways American Express cards with attractive sign-up bonuses:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points.
Run your own business?
We recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card, along with a sign-up bonus worth 10,000 Avios.
You should also consider the British Airways Accelerating Business credit card. This is open to sole traders as well as limited companies and has a 30,000 Avios sign-up bonus.
There are also generous bonuses on the two American Express Business cards, with the points converting at 1:1 into Avios. These cards are open to sole traders as well as limited companies.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.