Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

NEW: Get £100 per year of Harvey Nichols credit with Amex Platinum

If you have an American Express Platinum card, an interesting new deal has launched today.

You will receive £100 per year to spend at Harvey Nichols stores.

This offer is valid instore and online (click here) and includes selected store restaurants.

Amex has signed a three year deal with Harvey Nichols, meaning that you are guaranteed to receive the credit in 2022, 2023 and 2024 if you retain your Platinum card.

Your credit arrives in two £50 chunks. You will receive £50 back on your Harvey Nichols purchases between January and June, and £50 back between July and December.

The credit is cumulative (within each six monthly period) so you don’t need to spend £50 in one transaction. You can’t carry unspent credit over from one half year to the next.

The credit is only available on primary cards and not supplementary cards. Spending by a supplementary cardholder will not trigger the cashback on the primary card, according to the small print.

You must opt in to this benefit

This is NOT an automatic offer.

You must visit the American Express website or app, go to your Platinum account page, find the offer and click ‘Save to Card’.

Where can I use my £100 Harvey Nichols credit?

Harvey Nichols currently has UK stores in London, Leeds, Bristol, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Manchester and Liverpool.

The Oxo Tower restaurant in London is also included in the deal as is Zelman Meats, Burger & Lobster and Madhu’s 2 Go in the Knightsbridge store. All Harvey Nichols-branded restaurants are included.

Note that “[email protected] (OXO at home, Leeds at home and Edinburgh at home)” is excluded, as are purchases from the Oxo Tower restaurant’s website.

If you don’t live near a store, your best bet is probably a purchase of cosmetics or wine from the website. The cosmetics section is here and the ‘food and wine’ section is here.

There is also a ‘gifts’ section here which may be more relevant for a one-off purchase at around the £50 mark.

Don’t forget to register for the offer before making a purchase.

Harvey Nichols American Express platinum £100

Get 30,000 points with The Platinum Card

If this offer tips you over into getting The Platinum Card, you can find our more in our review here.

The card currently comes with a 30,000 Membership Rewards points bonus, which converts into 30,000 Avios amongst other things.

The £100 per year of Harvey Nichols credit sits alongside the £120 per year of Addison Lee taxi credit as a ‘pseudo cash’ benefit. Other benefits include travel insurance, 2 x Priority Pass airport lounge access cards (good for a family of four), Eurostar lounge access, the impressive Fine Hotels & Resorts hotel booking programme and full car rental insurance. You can find out more here.

If you find the card isn’t for you, you can cancel at any point for a pro-rata fee refund.

You can apply for The Platinum Card here.

Comments (101)

• Supergers49 says:

Glenmorangie Allta is currently on sale at HN for £70, which is cheaper than anywhere else online at the moment and lower than it has ever been on Amazon (checked CamelCamelCamel). This should stack with BA eStore or T-C-B. It’s a very nice dram from a great distillery.

Unfortunately, my wife wanted a necklace from HN, so I will have to hope the Allta is on sale again in 6 months time!

• ColinThames says:

Got my personal Plat on 7 Jan, registered on the app the same day but there are still NO offers showing on it! Is this normal or do I need to contact Amex?

• Rob says:

It takes a couple of weeks, although the call centre should be able to register you for HN if you were down that way this week and wanted to use it.

• ColinThames says:

Done, thanks Rob. And no need for a trip to London – we’ve got a Harvey Nicks in Edinburgh, so there! Though Amex rather unhelpfully say “Available in participating UK store(s) and online at http://www.harveynichols.com” but don’t say which stores are participating. But at least the Edinburgh restaurant is on the list.

• Biki says:

In the AMEX app, when you click on the offer it says “view participating locations”. click on there and it opens a document which lists which ones are included, including Edinburgh.

• ColinThames says:

Just on chat with Amex and they are adding the offer to my account and registering me. In the T&Cs it says “Benefit excludes purchases of gift cards and vouchers”. It seems like others think it’s ok. Anyone know for sure?

• Tom2 says:

If you buy the gift card in store it will trigger, it is impossible for Amex to know what you bought. Online potentially wont work because they can be processed differently.

• Mark says:

HN on the Personal Platinum only I take it as it’s not showing on my Business Platinum?

• Louise K says:

HN currently have 20% off GHD products, coupled with this offer makes them very reasonable.

Can highly recommend their hair dryers – dries hair in half the time of a normal dryer.

• Max says:

How is it vs Dyson Supersonic/AirWrap/Corrale?

• Louise K says:

I tried the Dyson dryer and I was underwhelmed TBH.

I would love an AirWrap but I couldn’t justify the price tag for all I would use it.

Impressed with my GHD hot brush. Good curls and smooth finish.

• Ls says:

So this means when I churn, I should aim to do it Dec-Jan or June-July to ensure I get £100 HN vouchers as well as the sign up bonus?

• David says:

When I read this I opened the app to save the offer to my card, it wasn’t there. On the website however it was – how strange