See the Monaco Grand Prix with your Marriott Bonvoy points
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
Marriott Bonvoy has rolled out its annual packages to see the Monaco Grand Prix, which includes an opportunity to watch the race from a VIP yacht chartered by the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team.
Packages are now available for bidding on this page of the Marriott Bonvoy Moments site.
- Access to the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team penthouse apartment in Monaco on Qualifying Day on Saturday, with views overlooking the start-finish straight of the circuit and the chance to mingle with team personnel
- An exclusive sleepover on the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team yacht, Liquid Sky, for the member and their guest
- The chance to be on the tri-deck yacht on Race Day on Sunday, providing prime race viewing along Tabac corner, indoor spaces with seating and screens and all-inclusive food & beverage
The bad news is that these packages always go for crazy numbers of points, so don’t get your hopes up.
The good news is that there are also standard tickets for Qualifying Day and Race Day available for auction, with bids currently as low as 15,000 points for Qualifying Day on 28th May.
You can see what is available, and bid, here.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (June 2023)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express
20,000 points sign-up bonus and 15 elite night credits each year Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 13th June, the sign-up bonus on The Platinum Card is doubled to 60,000 Membership Rewards points (worth 90,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) – and you get £200 to spend at Amex Travel too! Apply here.
The Platinum Card from American Express
60,000 points AND a £200 Amex Travel voucher until 13th June! Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Marriott Bonvoy points.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)